Because I am having issues in Pro Tools with ASIO errors, I believe that the playback issue stopping in Wavelab is probably related so I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what causes it?
I can play any file type, with or without plugins inserted and playback is fine for about a minute and then it just stops on its own. I can hit the spacebar or the play button and it picks right back up, but then after a few seconds it stops again on its own.
I’ve gone as far as wiping my HD and installing Windows 7/64 again from scratch and then Wavelab 9 with the same issue. I’ve replaced my UAD Apollo and have the same issue so it’s not hardware related.
In Pro Tools the error I get is “Audio processing could not complete due to conflicts with other CPU tasks or a potential clocking issue” and recommends that I check my sync cables (which would be FireWire in this case) and change the buffer size. I’ve tried every option I can think of but still get the error.
I used to have a rock-solid system for a year and these issues started appearing in both PT and Wavelab 8.5 so when I encountered them and couldn’t find a solution, I opted to start from scratch with a new SSD drive and fresh install of Windows. Same issues exist now.