What Did Santa Deliver?

My wife got me a 4 way guitar stand which I asked her for.

Little does she expect- before too long I’ll be saying “There’s not enough room in the study, dear, it’s time to convert the garage into a studio…”

Wife got me a nice Quadcore q8300 to upgrade my e6400. Too bad it’s 45nm tech and not 65nm. My existing mobo doesn’t support 45nm chips. My new motherboard for it should be in today.

DVD of The Stones - Ladies And Gentlemen (Exile On Main Street Tour)
Sweater
Socks
Wine
Port
Gin
UAD2 Solo Flexi on it’s way.

Isn’t that like having two woman at the same time?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got this killer i7 980x machine with SSD boot drive, 12gb RAM and a bunch of totally over the top trimmings.

As mentioned by John (JSW), the best gifts are that of having family with you to celebrate. First time with four grand-kids at our place, what a circus. Last year there were only two and some pregnant women! Lots of great food and drinks. I got another AT2035 to make a nice stereo pair, and some other software goodies, along with the standard clothes, chocolate, and general good stuff, like cash!! :nerd:

… like an Ex Girlfriend is an Old Flam

Don’t you mean ‘Old Clam’

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Glyn.

Forum is hiccuping. I submitted this a minute ago and it evaporated into thin air. Maybe this will show up double.

Santa who is actually my wife i discovered, gave me 5 shirts, and “I love my shirt”.

BTW, I am a big fan of your contributions to the forum, both music and critiques. I happened to click on your photos link at Zen Folio. Nice collection. I’m especially impressed with your orchids which can be difficult to capture. They seem to change color at will.
I was so inspired by your work I started the free trial and have been dickering around getting things set up.It’s much like mixing tracks.

I offer a link for your perusal:

http://michaelprivate.zenfolio.com/

Happy New year, Glyn
Michael

Santa delivered Zuiko 50-200 SWD. He also gave me some time to finish a couple of songs.
Santa is cool.

About 15 years ago I heard a loud bang outside on Christmas day.
My wife told me that father Christmas had just shot himself.
Must be true. No presents since then.
You get to a certain age… bout a hundred or so.

$ucks to be you! :wink:

Oh yeah, totally forgot about this one … although in this case Santa looks a lot like me.

Yea I got one of those too, but Santa did not deliver it, UAD was offering a free UAD solo to go with it, and I needed a good mic pre for vocals. :wink:

hehe, same … I got my shipping notice for the solo. Should be here Tuesday. I’m really pissed I missed the DUO offer with the 610. I found out about it about 2 weeks after it was over.

There was a big sale on plugins when I bought the Twinfinity, but I could not buy any of them until I actually got the UAD card. I have not got a shipment notice yet, and I bought mine on the second day of the rebate offer, and mailed it the same day.

The only thing I got worth reporting is two tickets to the Time Machine Tour by Rush. Now I just gotta decide if I want my wife - a non-Rush fan - to come with me or not.

no, you want to take me.

Hmm, I wonder if it is because I’ve already got 2 cards and most of the plugs. Maybe being an existing UAD customer “expedites” the processing somehow. Or, you might want to call them and make sure they got your letter.

an RME Quadmic :slight_smile: