What happened to Alt-Click for Track Colour?

+1 !
alt-click works at the top of the tracks’ inspector but not in the track’s header

I’m sure it will return.

Sorry to be more clear - you can’t colour the channel area on the left were it says Lane 1, Lane 2 etc.

I can colour the channel fine, but not lanes.

I have projects from 9.5 that I coloured that work fine, but I cannot find a way to colour the Lane events under the channel on the left in 10.X

I am also disappointed that when multi-selecting tracks of a certain type you can no longer choose ‘make all similar tracks the same colour’.

You can add color to the event or the track. If you color the track then the event when recorded with the same color. However, if you look at the same track in the mixer, the fader should have the same color as the track. it remains at the default color. There is a MixColsole Fader Color in Prefs but of course there is no option to “Fader color follows track color” option.

That would be a nice feature, I also always configure the fader color to be the same as the track colors.

Hi

Try Shift Alt C
A floating colour pane will appear, you can select colour of the each track keeping the colour pane opened or only a portion of a track from there.

Thanks…
It would be nice because that is where your eyes go to the track fader. If you change the color of the track, the fader color changes with it. It doesn’t follow the track type. If I code drums in Yellow it is nice to see the faders that color. it would work with group tracks too. Whatever the track color it is, the fader follows.

Yep that one pissed me off too

Another stupid omission from our beloved 9.5…along with our right click menu and a host of other stuff THEY have decided we can do without, this is nothing short of dictatorship.

How about a vote for all your dedicated customers who have been loyal to you for decades (me included) ? Ask us for goodness sake what WE THINK is not needed and can be omitted…who do you think you are to suddenly on a whim, remove things we use every day and cripple our workflow!
I am so angry.

I vote for a full refund until they sort this garbage update out or we all move away from Steinberg and let them rot in the grave they are digging for themselves.

I have gone back to 9.5 and am happy again but have wasted this money for a major update to a program not fit for purpose.

Usually in the open word people would sue for something like this, since my workflow has been severely disrupted, customers unhappy my system has suffered problems, etc etc…

This one is fixed in 10.0.15.

Thank you, all at Steinberg.

Thank you for re-instating this function Steinberg.