What happened to my "recent projects"?

I opened dorico today for the first time in a few days, I’ve never had this type of issue before ´but today when I was about to open dorico 5 then all my recent projects did not appear on the Steinberg Hub as it always does, and instead I can see the “demo files” that I never really cared for such as Cold play, Taylor, etc.

If I press on “File” and then “Open Recent” I also only get these “demos” as options.
So what happened to my own recent projects, why do they not appear on the Steinberg hub anymore, and has this happened to someone else here ?

Is there a way to restore it back so that I can see my real recent opened projects?
The problem is that I have stored my projects in all kinds of files so manually finding all of them is unfortunately a little bothersome (barely remember the names of the different versions).

So If anyone knows how to restore it please let me know!

Sounds like your recentFileList.xml file got deleted. What about all your preferences? Is everything factory defaults, or not?

Not sure actually, do you know where to find this .xml file ?

On Mac, it’s {user}/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 5/

Beware that if your recent files were on an external disk that wasn’t mounted at the time you launched Dorico, they get deleted from the Recent list because Dorico didn’t find them. I don’t know of a way to restore the list in that case.