What has happened to the plugins? PG?

I can’t figure this out. I have the box checked ‘scan the usual folders’, but suddenly my SIR2 verb is missing, along with a few other plugins that used to show up. What happened? I haven’t moved anything yet WLE8 is now ignoring the plugins.
I did tell WLE8 to ignore the Padshop and Retrologue synths that I definitely cannot use in WLE8 - did this throw the program into plugin rejection mode? (Why would WLE8 allow a synth to pop up in it’s mastering program anyway? Is the scanner not sophisticated enough to recognize a synth from the same company?)

This is really odd. Have I created this problem by eliminating the synths? All these plugins still show up in C6.5 just like they always have - BUT NOT IN WLE8.

Also on the subject, why CAN’T the Steinberg slm128 plugin be used in WLE8? :question:

Hmmmm…

In looking at the ‘i’ icon that describes/lists which folders WLE8 will scan for plugins, I see that there are 4 folders that it will scan. Well… one of those folders did not exist but I saw that I could create it without too much trouble. (It is unfortunate that I cannot direct WLE8 to choose the folder I want, eh? Or can I? I don’t see how.)

It is this folder (‘VstPlugins’) with it’s path: C Windows and Programs\Program Files\Steinberg'VstPlugins’.

So I created it and copied the .dlls into it. I told WLE8 to rescan the plugin folders and I am all good. WHICH DOES NOT SAY THAT I UNDERSTAND WHY THE PLUGINS WENT AWAY! No, I do not understand why this happened.

ALSO: One more time, why can’t I use the slm128 plugin from Steinberg?

why can’t I use the slm128 plugin from Steinberg

This plugin was not created to be compatible with WaveLab. It uses Cubendo modules that are not part of WaveLab.

Ah, thanks, Phillipe. Love the program, BTW.

Am I right also to believe that the WLE8 plugin folders are established by WLE8 exclusively? IN other words, I cannot direct it to another folder?

Am I right also to believe that the WLE8 plugin folders are established by WLE8 exclusively? IN other words, I cannot direct it to another folder?

Yes, but only for the plugin folder located inside the program folder.

PG, I’ve revisited your answer a few times. I must not think like you because I do not understand this answer! :open_mouth:

Can I direct WLE8 to a folder of my choice?

Can I direct WLE8 to a folder of my choice?

Yes, see:

Thank you, I understand. Well, since in either case I have to duplicate what is stored in a Cubase specific folder it doesn’t matter. I was hoping I could just direct WLE8 to the existing Cubase folder and not duplicate the .dlls.

All good, thank you. :slight_smile: