What is going on with Cubase 7?

:unamused:
What they both said …

It’s very simple. We deserve an answer to the following question:

• Are the major Cubase 7-7.5 issues outlined in this thread (and countless others) being addressed?
    Specifically: mixer focus, workspace management, and output chain in the channel settings.

If so: when can we expect an update?

Can a Steinberg representative please address this question? Thank you.

Can I get a plus 1?

Can someone help me out please and factually/non-emotionally describe what that refers to (“Output chain …”).

Thanks!

Cubase 7 is no longer in use in my computer… I updated to 7.5 despite the issues I had with 7. Fortunately 7.5 works flawlessly. I’m happy now :smiley:

I’m honestly not interested discussing peoples choices of DAW, or their personal experiences with Cubase 7. I simply want somebody who works for this company to answer the following question:

It would be extremely relieving to many people if you would simply say what’s going on.

We’re not anonymous posters on a board. We’re human beings, yes? Please treat us how you’d prefer to be treated, Steinberg.

Then what is your guess why they place emphasis on “newbie fodder” instead of focusing on improved workflow (or just getting the workflow back to the 6.5 state) and the broken features we can’t do without? If it’s not about maximizing sales and profit, then I’m out of theories. :laughing:

I’ll cut them slack for the amount of issues in 7 simply because implementing the mix console was a huge step. But IMO things should have been fixed by now instead of introducing more “fodder.”

Another “dropped” feature was multi-select routing (SHIFT + select tracks) but that will probably come back eventually.

Hopefully!

Another “dropped” feature was multi-select routing (SHIFT + select tracks) but that will probably come back eventually.

Not dropped. Modified. SHIFT/OPTION+Selected Tracks (on a Mac… SHIFT+ALT on a PC?)

Depending on what 7.5 actually “fixes” I am keeping a close eye on the board and hand on my credit card.

The road map for these releases has been etched in stone for a long time now I would imagine.
Stopping everything to fix “thee” issues would throw their whole yearly projections, whatever you want to call it, way behind schedule.

It is a shame. Because that is exactly what needs to happen.
I would also pay for a bug fix release.
Judging by what they have included in 7.5 for $50.00, the bug fix release should only cost $50.00/$75.00, hell I would pay $100.00 if they fixed all the things we have been going on about forever.

It is funny…
Steinberg don’t want us here complaining but they will not fix the issues either.
Seems like some sort of Paradox at work here.

Projections…
What they plan to earn, spend, release and when etc…
It has to be on paper somewhere.
Projections are never 100% accurate. Just what they shoot for.
Every company worth their salt uses them.
I’m not arguing with you. I’m trying to rationalize Steinberg’s behavior.
A fool’s errand I know.

Maybe we should start a “How much would you pay to have these issues fixed?” thread.
Wonder how long that would last?

I would pay up to $100.00 more then I already paid for the software in question.
The fixes would need to be comprehensive though.

Thank you! This “modified” function got past me somehow.

What is it going to take to get this answered?

Why do they become ghosts when serious issues are at stake? Something is wrong here.

When? One word: Cubase 8 (if we’re lucky)

They don’t need to wait to finish hours of coding to acknowledge acknowledge the status on three issues.

Let’s be upfront here: we can assume that they don’t wish to talk about this because it’s better for them that we don’t know. Either that, or they flat-out don’t care about us. Otherwise, somebody would have begun to communicate with us already and a need for a thread like this wouldn’t exist.

Steinberg’s “keep them in the dark” policy is something that’s not discussed openly on these forums, but I think it’s time it needs to be brought to the forefront so that people can understand that it is an unfair way to be treated.

You send a developer money for software in good faith that the developer you pay will deliver critical updates in a timely fashion. This is the honor-system that will determine a happy userbase and, at it’s worst, discontented/neglected ones.

So I ask: why aren’t they holding up their end of the deal?

Here’s my hypothesis:

They’re splitting the features between 7/8 so that they have a guaranteed $500 total in upgrades ($250/per update) / user, instead of the $250. Because, if 7 was a great bug-free app on it’s own, they’d have to work harder to sell 8 to us. Instead, they leave these things broken out of a fear that we won’t purchase the upcoming version.

If they publicly admitted…

• …that “It’s coming in 8”, we’d see through the scheme and they’d affect user-loyalty.

If they addressed and fixed the bugs now…

• …and made Cubase 7.5 a fully-functional application, then they fear we wouldn’t purchase 8, since there’d be less demand for it.

So what does this mean?

• They ignore the requests for critical issues.
    They spread out the updates months at a time.
    They focus their update efforts on limited, low-impact features.
    The quality of the content in the updates (Read: 7.5) is compromised.

TL:DR: since 7 came out, they haven’t focused much of their energy on making it better. Us users are left with a partial app while they devote all of their efforts to creating cubase 8.