What is 'Perfect Pitch' and do you have it?

This American doesn’t call Green Day ‘punk rock’ :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Better get a grip on your judgement skills.

Generalization is never a good concept.

OK. Have you noticed that ‘genre’ is not that useful anymore? By its very nature genre is a generalisation. So ‘punk rock’ is what people think punk rock is. For you it may be Johnny Rotten for Selena Gomez it may be herself? On Tuesday. :neutral_face:

My judgement is impeccable thank you. :sunglasses:

Cubsae 7.0.1.

Who is Selena Gomez?

And … you’re welcome! :smiley:

P.S. No hard feelings, eh? I just get sick of people generalizing Americans when most of the Americans I know hate us as much as you do :wink: . It’s a confusing world we live in.

[quote="Scab PickensWho is Selena Gomez?

And … you’re welcome! :smiley:

P.S. No hard feelings, eh? I just get sick of people generalizing Americans when most of the Americans I know hate us as much as you do :wink: . It’s a confusing world we live in.[/quote].

Umm. Selena Gomez - Disney singer.

I do not hate Americans at all. Merely saying that what passes for ‘punk rock’ in Disney world is not really Sex Pistols. They distort the music through the lens of Hollywood glam and glitz and end up with well… Green Day.

It’s kind of like people saying they like jazz… you know Barbara Streisand! :laughing:

Cubase.7.0.1. Gotta love that ‘Junior Member’ thing.

It’s all good :slight_smile: .

Who is Barbra Streisand? :laughing:

I’m pickin’ up what your layin’ down!

There is no such thing as punk anymore. And there has never been such a thing as punk “rock”.

I still think it’s funny that people think of Sex Pistols whenever “punk” is brought up.

I’ve always been more of a Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat type of guy.

Oh … and I don’t have perfect pitch (to stay on topic :blush: )

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here’s the Sex Pistols, is a really well produced album IMO.

a perfect pitch - Free Beer… brings them in every time! :wink:

And no, I don’t have free beer! Sorry!

And now that we have C7 perhaps the question should be updated to:

Can you hear 'Hermode tuning?

And does it help, hurt or not make a difference
to your mixes?

{‘-’}

Good question and it is an interesting addition to Cubase. For myself at times I despair of playing guitar because it is impossible to tune chords the way I want to hear them. Perhaps one of the reasons also why fretless bass is so satisfying. :smiley:
Stephen Galvin Studio Director ABC Studios
Cubase 7.0.1, :slight_smile: Sequel 3.0.1, Desktop: Intel Duo 1866 MHz, 4GB RAM Intel SSD. Windows 7 Ultimate

Laptop: Lenovo Intel i7-2630 CPU @ 2GHz 8GB RAM. Windows 7 64bit. Intel SSD. Focusrite Saffire Pro40. Lots of cables. Cables everywhere… Cables man…
www.abcstudios.co.nz