What is the use of Wavelab 64bit?

I use Win7 64bit with i7 processor, and have installed wavelab 7 32 bit, i was curious to use WL 64bit but the problems are?

• WL 64 does not see 32 bit plugins and I have to use Jbridge for that
  • WL 64 does not offer the privilege of using all the processor cores, it uses only one, just like 32 bit version
  • WL 64 does not need a lot RAM memory at the first place because plugins are not that heavy on memory
  • I had a problem that the audio stream stops after few seconds on some projects because the plugins used are heavy on the CPU, so I tried WL 64 with all 64 bit plugins, thinking that 64bit would be easier on the CPU, but still, the problem was the same and audio stream stopped at exactly the same time as in 32 bit

so please advice
What are the benefits of using the 64bit version of Wavelab???

WL 64 does not offer the privilege of using all the processor cores

For audio processing, only one core is used. But WaveLab 32/64 use more than one core globally (audio processing, graphics, disk access). Also, the batch processor allow to use all cores for audio processing.

WL 64 does not need a lot RAM memory at the first place because plugins are not that heavy on memory

What let you think this? Some plugins do use a lot of memory.

The benefit of 64 bit are currently:

• More usable memory
  • Slightly faster graphics
  • Slightly faster disk access

For audio processing, this is true there is no difference.

The world of computing is moving from 32 to 64 bit systems. It will be a little confusing during the changeover (as it was going from 16 to 32 bit systems), but it is also necessary for the new options to become available so that the change can proceed, and so that suppliers don’t get left behind.

Paul

Thank you for your reply

I searched the forum for a similar problem to the audio stream cutoff in case of using heavy CPU plugins, but i didn’t find any, should i start a new thread regarding this issue, for the sake of general benefit? as i do need a solution for this

So are you saying that in 64-bit mode I can render from the audio montage with more than one processor?
This would be handy as the Ozone 5 processing time take quite awhile compared to Ozone 4 and most other plugins when rendering files in WL from the montage, which I do a lot of.

I’m still waiting for UAD to go 64-bit and then I’ll be able to check it out.