What is this called? See this Cubase vid ...

What is this called?


On the right screen, there are tracks that are shaded and unshaded.

What is that and what’s the effect?

Thank you in advance.

Looks to me they’re just muted parts, or do you mean something else?

Thanks for helping a noob Strophoid. :smiley: