What just happened?!

Help! I’m working on a very important project and due to send off a mixdown tomorrow when…

Suddenly and without warning all the audio disappeared!

It’s gone from the media pool bay as well!

Please, somebody! Why did this happen and what do I do? - see screenshots

Cubase 8.5.30 build 192
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP112.0138.B25

Are the audio files still on disk?
Did this happen while you were in the middle of working on your Project?
If you reload your project, it should report “Missing Files”, and give you the opportunity of finding them either automatically or manually. I doubt it would have actually deleted your files (at least, it wouldn’t have been Cubase that did so, and if it something had gone wrong on your Mac, you’d probably have greater problems than just the audio on this one Project :wink: ). But I’ve no idea what could have caused Cubase to lose track of your Project folder :confused: . (I notice that you seem to have been using the Mac’s Desktop folder for your project. Is anything else now missing from your desktop?)

Emergency over, I had moved the files. idiot thanks!

Don’t worry… we don’t have a “three strikes” philosophy here :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:
P.S. Did you get your project out in time?

:slight_smile: Yes I did. All good. Thanks for really quick reply and sorry to have bothered you with something so obvious!

No worries… this happens to us all at some time or other… especially when on a tight deadline, and a bit stressed out (What?? Who, Me??! :stuck_out_tongue: )