What kind of computer you using with Cubase?

What kind of computer are you guys using with Cubase 12 right now? I will need to upgrade my computer in the near future. Looking for suggestions on a modern day desktop, and laptop. Thanks.

Click my avatar to see my machine specs. Many people put their specs in the profile. (wish more did though)

My setup is an intermediate level system that I expect to last 6 years.

My previous cpu was an 17-3770k on a gigabyte board from 2012. It lasted 7 years

1 Like

I’m using a four-year-old gaming laptop from Lenovo. It has an Intel I7-7700HQ CPU, which was one of the fastest when I bought it, and it also has a good graphics card, I don’t remember which. I maxxed out the RAM (32GB) and replaced the 128GB SSD with a 1TB SSD.

I think what you need depends on how heavy your projects are. For example, I suspect that most people don’t need 32GB RAM, but since I started doing orchestral stuff, although this computer can handle it, I wish I had 64GB, so next computer that’s what I’ll get.

I probably won’t be looking for a new computer for at least two years, though, because this one is running so well. In addition to being able to handle an orchestra, I can also record my guitars and other live instruments with very good latency settings.

When I’m ready for a new computer, I will start by looking at gaming computers. They are usually good for low latency for Cubase. I’ve only ever owned PC’s, but I have to admit that I’ve got my eye on the new Apple M2 computers, which seem to have the potential to crush Intel on performance right now.

Cubase Pro 11.5, Live 10 Standard

MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave), MacMini (late 2012), 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, 1TB SSD drive;

MOTU 828mkII,

ADAM A5X monitors

@steve I wrote my specs in the avatar but if I click on it I can’t see all of them? Is there some trick?

click again.

I’d missed the second click :wink:
Thank you @steve

1 Like

See my sig for my system. I work in post-production (sound to picture).