What kind of Wizardry is this?

Tried it again Martin and did not work.

Make sure you don’t have Cubase running when deleting the prefs folders.

Yes I already made sure of that

Rather than %appData% Steinberg/Cubase 10.5_64 which I don’t have I found it under %appData% roaming/ Steinberg/Cubase 10.5_64, was that correct?

The location “%APPDATA%\Steinberg” will in most cases resolve to “C:\Users<user-name>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg”. To be 100% certain, do the following:

1. Reboot
  2. Log in
  3. Holding the Windows key down, press R and release both keys
  4. In the “Run” dialog, type %APPDATA%\Steinberg and click OK
  5. Delete all folders whose names start with “Cubase”

Then try running Cubase again; the first startup should take a long time as everything is scanned.

This has not work after attempting 3 times. Is there another solution out there please?

Please has anyone got any other ideas, about to give up on this after spending nearly two weeks? Tried on the tips and can only read the sub menu if I boot into safe mode into windows 10

Is this a known issue?

Folks I’ve loaded some other Steinberg software like Hailon and Grove Agent and the same thing is happening with the sub menus. So its got to be something to do with my graphics card which I cannot figure out the life of me what’s wrong. I’ve got a whole load of other software and I’m not getting any problems so I really don’t know what to do and may have to ditch the Steinberg software unless there are any good suggestions please?

Not that I’m aware of; but I’m guessing it’s something to do with your graphics card or its driver.

Try a different graphics card? What do you currently have?

Here is the info on the graphics card, thank you

Mmmm … pretty old kit. The Intel HD Graphics 3000 is the internal GPU of the i7 and is more than capable to deal with anything Cubase will throw at it, but I don’t think there are official Windows 10 drivers for it. See if there’s an option in the BIOS to disable the Intel (it might be called “internal graphics” or something similar) and just use the Radeon, and also check that you have the latest available drivers for the Radeon.

Hi,

This is an known issue for unsupported graphic cards.

Hi,

I don’t understand this. Technically it’s impossible it worked while disabling preferences but not working while delete them.

Could you attach a screenshot of the order folder to make sure you are in the right folder, please?

I have somewhat missed this discussion…
It is indeed an issue with unsupported cards (HD3000): https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360008642799-Windows-10-Support-of-older-hardware

The 7400M series also reached legacy status end of 2015. This makes it unsupported on current versions of Win 10, but it still supports the needed APIs.

You might try to install the latest supported driver 15.7.1 (we usually recommend the minimal installation, but you’ll need Catalyst or AMD Settings to be installed this time around), then create a profile for Cubase. It should correctly render the menus.
The latest driver is 16.2.1, but it worked fine for quite some users, so you may try both versions if the first doesn’t do the trick.

Thank you and it’s a shame you didn’t spot this earlier as spent many hours trying to resolve this.

Sorry I have to state some ppl like me can’t afford to upgrade to more modern pcs but the fact is Steinberg is the only product that’s has this problem. All other DAWs work fine so I think you owe it to the public to do a upgrade next time round so users like me don’t have this issue who are put off buying any of your products. The resolution does not sound easy unless there is more information how to do this. I have already upgraded to latest drivers.

In all fairness, you would have received a faster response from Fabio had the topic title been related to he problem. And Martin did respond with an accurate answer given what info you shared.

Seriously? You could have mentioned at the outset that you’re using hardware that is not even compatible with Windows 10, let alone Cubase.

No idea that there would be a problem after upgrading to windows 10. My I.T. knowledge is low. Sorry did not mean to sound ungrateful for the help already given, just very frustration having spent many hours to try and get this resolved. It is the only application I’ve run into this problem and all other DAW’s don’t have this problem.

It appears most Steinberg applications work ok after installing driver 16.2.1 where I can read the sub menu. But I now get the following message only on cubase when I set ADM graphic mode to power saving .
The loadlibrary 1114 error message states, “LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

Now I can get rid of this message if I ask ADM graphic driver to open based on power source but back to the problem on not reading the sub menu. My PC is set for high power performance on power and battery. So looks like I’m stuck on a catch 22 unless Steinberg creates a patch fix.