What module is used to preview percussion loops?

Anybody out there able to assist? My question is what module is being used by the media bay to audition midi percussion loops? If I choose a midi loop of a particular tempo, say, and it sounds good in the previewer. If I paste the loop onto a midi track I almost invariably find the drum and percussion assignments are different to any percussion module or instrument so a lot of time has to be spent re-mapping and sometimes it never seems to sound as good as the preview.

1. Is there any way of knowing what is being used to audition the loops in the previewer? Mediabay does not seem to have any information on this…
  2. Is there any way to choose/change what is being used to audition the loops?
    Thanks for any responses…

I should add that I did look in the operation manual where it refers to an “output popup menu”. It even shows a picture of it on the previewer toolbar line. But it isn’t there…

OK, it was a wet Sunday afternoon & I think I’ve answered my own question - which is I’ve been failing to appreciate the difference between MIDI LOOPS and MIDI FILES. Midi loops are pre-programmed to a vst preset on an instrument. Double clicking loads both the instrument and midi file into a track. Dragging loads just the midi info onto a track but not the instrument. Mediabay, however, seems to provide no information on what instrument is in fact being used to play the loop - you have to double click import to find out.(?) It makes for a fun guessing game trying to identify the VST preset from your collection :wink:
Midi files can indeed be auditioned through any midi output - the popup menu is present if the media type is “midi” but not if it is “midi loop”.
I think it’s time for a cup of tea…sigh