What the h*ll is wrong with the drum editor window?

Why has it suddenly changed here?

The drum map (which is certainly loaded) no longer appears, the editor shows keys and notes rather than drum lanes, the excess MIDI lanes at the bottom have no information and no menu to select CCs, the window itself is twice the length of my monitor and when I click the right edge to resize (when it shows double horizontal arrow) it does not respond.

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

I am open in safe mode with the preferences disabled.
What next?

Hi,

Does the Drum Editor looks correct now?

Yes. How do I get the correct window appearance into the normal mode?

Hi,

Could you try to ZIP all your Cubase versions preferences folders and try to start your Cubase.

The preferences could be corrupted in an older Cubase version and the corrupted preferences is then inherited to the current Cubase.

Hi,

Could you try to ZIP all your Cubase versions preferences folders and try to start your Cubase.

The preferences could be corrupted in an older Cubase version and the corrupted preferences is then inherited to the current Cubase.

You mean make a backup of the preferences?

Then what do I do? Remove them?

Hi,

If you ZIP them, Cubase doesn’t see them. So you can keep them as backup (for example if you would like to copy your Key Commands out of the preferences afterwords).

I think by ZIP what Martin is trying to say is that if you either re-name, or temporarily move all prior Cubase versions in the application data folder to your desktop, then re-start Cubase so it can re-build, but make it impossible for Cubase to import preferences from any prior versions.

Once you get things looking the way they should be, then you can take specific key commands or specific user preferences files, and move them to your current C10.5 application data folder to the appropriate location.

Hope that helps.

Martin,

I would appreciate it if you could just tell me which file is responsible for the window layout of the drum editor.
Removing all of my preferences means all of my plugins get initialized, my key commands are wiped, my remote devices/studio settings are wiped etc…

I would like to skip that headache.

Also, I find it completely absurd that this happened due to some previous version of preferences.

A. I NEVER selected any kind of preference such as this for my drum editor window view, especially since the actual window is BROKEN (the L-R resize tool does not even work). It is not possible to ask it to do what it is doing.

B. I had not updated Cubase for at least a year and have been working exclusively from one template file during the last six months.
The drum editor view problem started 2 weeks ago. How then, would Cubase arbitrarily decide, out of the blue to find “old preferences” which never existed in the first place and load them?

I cannot tell from this list which file is responsible for the drum editor window:

Workspaces presets?

Hi,

I don’t think there is a specific file for the Drum Editor window layout.

My guess is either Defaults.xml or RAMPresets.xml.

I had the same problem a few days ago. I deleted the Defaults.xml file and restarted Cubase. The Drum Maps sound list is back

I did the same with my defaults.xml, and yes that brought my drum editor back, but I also spent a good deal of time reconfiguring export/import options as well as numerous remotes I had added because they were also stored in that file.
I’m still finding things that were trashed with that file.

Question: How does a Preference file become "corrupted? It’s not like VV opened the old file outside of Cubase and started messing around with it. What causes such an important file to become corrupted? Thanks.

I agree it’s not great. Mine had always been ok after upgrades except the last time where I had to remove them.