What the hell is wrong with the Sound Library Manager

I’ve come back to this many times over the years & never really got an answer. Anyone here the wiser?
Simple scenario is this:

Already have TBs of sound libraries installed on a dedicated volume (thunderbolt 3 RAID 4) & this includes for various manufacturers including Native Instruments, ToonTrack, MOTU, Abelton, Spectrasonics and Steinberg.

So, when setting up a fresh OS install - either on a clean install, same disk , or on a dual boot system, or on a new computer - there is then the need (of course) to re-install various VIs. There should NOT however be the need to re-install and/or long-wind download GBs of sound libraries yet again. They already exist and are located on the Sound Libraries volume.

In the case of most other manufacturer’s VIs, it is relatively simple to install just the VI, then launch, then set the path to where the libs are.

Except it would seem for Steinberg Absolute 4 or HALion, Groove Agent, Grand 3 etc. These demand downloading the entire libraries every time, otherwise the Sound Library Manager can never register and locate the Libs. There seems to be no way to simply locate the existing libraries without re-installing over the top of them like this, and, Steinberg seems to be the only one who continues to persist with this time-wasting sloppiness (in 2020).

Am I missing something obvious? I can’t say that any amount of trawling seems able to pull up a solution, also is not presently possible to raise a ticket because am unable to login into MySteinberg (yet again).

Thanks in advance for any insights.

mmm, but you can do this, just open windows explorer, go to where your libraries are, double click on one of them, and the library manager should appear prompting if you want to load these to the library. In fact now when you download aboslute with the download manager, you will see the program installers have been separated from the content…