What things do you most like in C7 over C6?

As I’m cash strapped, I have to put upgrading on the backburner, but I’m interested in knowing how the working with C7 experience is going for everybody, and what the best new parts of the software are.

Aloha D,

For me
1-A major +1 for ‘Hermode’ tuning .

2-The VST Connect feature can be very useful.

HTH (hope this helps)
{‘-’}

For me chord track is best new part of C7.

for me:

• A/B plugin comparison buttons
  • the mixer. (no kiddin)

:wink:

• standard plugin presets
  • advanced linking of channels
  • possible parameter linking for same plugins in a row

I like the features and sound of the new mixer (embedded compressors, saturators, eq, metering…), but not the views, except for the new channel view which is great. I REALLY hate the new letters that replace the old icons.

The mixer in full.

nothing
a few nice new ideas are there, for example the linking of chanels, but in the end the many broken and missing features and the overall bad performance don´t make me want to use C7 at all right now

for me the best feature has to be backwards compatibility so that when all the graphics go up the spout I can revert back to c6 with no hassle …c7’s hard work at the moment

Chord Track
New Mixer

Unbelievably 7.0.3 is more stable for me that 6.5 was. I know this defies the evidence in many posts but I have not had a crash since updating. There were many projects that were difficult for me to load in C6.5 and the GUI kept freezing. Neither of these things has happened in 7.0.3. I was beginning to think I had a system problem - obviously not. Believe it or not I like the mixer, especially in the current version.

A/B on plugins
Incorporation of Voxengo CurveEQ I think is going to be very useful but haven’t used it yet.
Also had a play with the chord track, ditto.
Nearly forgot - better accessibilty to chain from edit channel window
But mainly the Mixer, especially the Strip with extra limiters and saturations, moveable eq; and the EQ popup with live waveform behind the curve just rocks.

I feel sorry for all these folk who are having problems, it’s very hard luck on them, because this is a great version. There are wierd issues with VariAudio and Elastique which I think are expected to be fixed in 7.0.4, so if you rely on them have a good read around first, but well worth the upgrade for me and so far - touching every available bit of wood as I say it - solid.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Cubase 7.0.3 64-bit
Dell XPS 8100 Desktop

• CPU: Intel i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz (HT OFF, C-State OFF, SpeedStep ON, TurboBoost OFF)
  • Chipset: Intel H57
  • RAM: 4 x 2 GB DDR3-1333 MHz
  • HDD: Non-RAID, 2 x 1TB Samsung HD103SJ (7,200 RPM; DTR: 250 MB/sec; Latency: 4.17 ms)
  • Grafix: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Mixer with its scalability

Chord track

Search in Project window

new compressor

consistency of users who have had Cubase as long as 30 years but still hate every update and still buy the updates and always revert back every single time but never ever go away.

+1
I forgot about that one.
Great for live work.
{‘-’}

New mixer
Chord track
Voxengo eq
Vari audio 2
Track icons

I would never wish to return to 6.5… When 7 is ironed out it will be the bomb.
Pro Tools 11 lol

MixConsole and associated workflow improvements. Hands down.

Mixer
Overall 7.03 works for me no crashes!

Coming from Cubase 5, the biggest improvements for me are:

• MixConsole (although I miss the look and feel of the old mixer in version 5, this new GUI is a little ugly)
  • Spectrum Analyzers built into EQs
  • Channel Strip plugins (compressor, saturation, limiting etc.)
  • Retrologue is a nice instrument even though I don’t use it very much.
  • Chord track is nice for making dub stabs in Techno.

Overall, compared to version 5, I’m loving everything about 7. My only gripe is that the MixConsole is ugly and could use a little work, and by little I mean the mute/solo/edit buttons are ugly with the bevelled edges (Photoshop 2.5 anyone?), and I don’t like how send values are displayed using a progress-bar style controls (would prefer something that resembles knobs or faders). But even with these flaws, I love the new Cubase and wouldn’t consider using any other DAW over it. Steinberg has a loyal customer in me (I just wished they’d release an update for HALion 4 already!).

:smiley:

Agreed. Apart from some graphic related glitches in the mixer that I’m experiencing, which go beyond human understanding, 7.03 is solid on my machine, and I can’t remember it crashing since I installed the update (soon as it came out).

Q-Link facility definitively goes pretty high on the list of my favorite new features in C7, especially when I am trying to send 10+ channels to one group track!

Chord Track
Chord editing and Logical editor commands
The Score improvements