What would be the best way to create a choir score in this way?

And I’d also suggest selecting the option (pre-supposing this wont mess up other instruments that may be in your score) in the paragraph styles for staff lables to make them center aligned. If you look at the old screenshot above, the S & A are poorly aligned.

I did not know about this - you sir have changed my life, thank you

Thank you, I try this :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

I was just working on a score that I thought would look better with the staff labels having center alignment, and I noticed that option is missing from paragraph styles in Dorico 4. Did it get moved somewhere else, or has it simply been temporarily removed? This, to my eye, looks atrocious and I would really like the ampersand to be centered…

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 10.10.17 AM

EDIT:
I’m an idiot. (sort of) I couldn’t tell that you could scroll down

The default presentation of this window in light mode makes no indication that there is more to the dialogue. It is so faint, the modules fit nicely in the dialogue, and there is no scroll bar, thus I had no idea.

I was caught out a week ago by this exact thing, and the only reason I knew to scroll down was I know paragraph styles must have alignment settings.

Clearly the scroll bars in light mode need the same colo(u)r treatment as the buttons in Properties. Thanks for mentioning it.

1 Like