What's wrong with the fonts.... (SOLVED)

…and how do I change back to something readable?

The image doesn’t tell the whole truth, but fonts in the framed areas are almost unreadable.

I remember having this problem when I first got my Mac two years ago, but can’t remember how I fixed it. Now, all of a sudden the unreadable fonts reappeared, afaik I haven’t changed any settings. One problem is that I don’t even know what settings does have an affect on this.

Would appreciate your assistance.

I’m giving you a few more examples of what I’m nagging about.

Hopefully someone can tell me what I can do to get back the same text quality. Is it done within Cubase? Anyone on a Mac that tell me which boxes in OSX to check, uncheck, etc etc.

To the left is the panel from C6 on my computer, to the right is picture taken from Steinberg web. You can see that there is a big difference quality:

To the left is the panel from C6 on my computer, to the right is a picture taken from Steinberg web:

It appears even worse on my computer monitor than on these images.

This has nothing to do with Cubase. You didn’t say, but you are you running 10.6.x (edit: and an LCD display)? If so the following might help.

Some displays don’t display fonts properly in Snow Leopard, and need an older smoothing mechanism.

Run this command in Terminal. I had the same problem and it was a fix (just verified it too.)

defaults -currentHost write -globalDomain AppleFontSmoothing -int 2

Here is the background on this: 10.6: Re-enable LCD font smoothing for some monitors - Mac OS X Hints

(to reverse the effect of this simply change the font smoothing pref in the Appearances preference pane to anything.)

I owe you a big one! Problem solved.

Thanks a lot!

brgds Vidar