When can we expect new bugfix patch for C6?

Any bugfixes will be very welcome. Any news yet? When can we expect new bugfix patch for C6?

+1
While you will have to drag Cubase 6 from my cold, dead hands, I would allow a couple of fingers to be prised open to slip in another update. :wink:

I remember when they released .02 they said a .1 release was due at the end May, so should be pretty soon.

Why? You’ll only find even more bugs. :mrgreen:

Any more info on next update? I have serious problems with stability after upgrading to 6.0.2. I really hope that next version will improve stability back to how it was. Pre 6.0.2 I had no problems with stability, even on XP - C6 was running for days, C5 too. After 6.0.2, C6 is crashing all the time, at random, like 10 times a day. For no apparent reason, no pattern. Even clicking to move cursor can crash it.

Thats the reason I switched from XP to Win7 after updating to 6.0.2 - I thought maybe it is XP problem. But C6 is still crashing on Win7. Only improvement from XP is, that I don’t need to restart computer after C6 crash. (which is huge improvement, btw :laughing: )

Why the crashing since 6.0.2? When will it be fixed? Please, no more new features, I have them over the top - please just fix the bugs, make it work nicely.

I really hardly wait for next bugfix - C6 is now almost unusable, crashing all the time. I cannot record one take without fearing, that it will crash. It is just wrong. And it worked before just fine. Ehh…

Can somebody from Steinberg please comment?

The 6.02 patch is runs very solid and is stable.

Regarding your crashes… :arrow_right:
:smiley: Here is how to optimize you system for professional DAW use:
optimizing-windows-for-daws

:cry: Here is how to report a bug:
How do I report a problem with Cubase [bugbase]

No, info from my side on your topic “When can we expect new bugfix patch for C6” I’m afraid. :slight_smile:

Gr,
JHP

Please please let us have our lanes back in a fix, pretty please :smiley:

I’m not sure if C6 runs better or worse in Windows, but I’m finding all versions of C6 to be really stable on my Mac. I’m coming from Logic where it’s in the x.1.x stage and Cubase, being in the x.0.x stage, runs far better on my system. I have found one or two bugs that cause a crash in C6, but nothing like I’ve had in Logic. Though, an update would be nice simply for the feature requests (if they are included :wink: ).

Regardless of OS, one thing that may be causing Cubase to run poorly are the 3rd party plugins. You can try taking all your VSTs from their folders and introducing them back one at a time until you find which one is causing your system to run like crap. That or check that you don’t have hardware drivers conflicting.

I am also waiting for a new fix, since the latest patch 6.0.2. made things worse for me (and some others as well, see the other big thread on the the 6.0.2.).

And Steinberg insisting on 6.0.2 running solid and stable does not really help very much. The fact alone that many users had problems right after installing the update which they did not have prior to the update is proof enough for me that there must be something wrong with 6.0.2. Even more so when many users reported that their problems disappeared after going back to the 6.0.1 version.

Yet Steinberg keeps insisting 6.0.2 is stable and bug-free. Sorry, I don’t buy it, and I’m sure I’m not the only one …

Lars

pretty stable here 602, only 1 problem i had…

Steinberg does not insist it’s bug free. Most of the Cubase 6 users report it’s running satisfactorily. Point me to where anyone says anything is bug - free. To tell lies doesn’t help your case at all.

It would help if all the people who reported problems behaved like the professionals they always claim to be and gave the proper system specs pertaining to their studio equipment as well as a detailed report of the fault history.
No good saying “I crashed therefore it must be Cubase!”. All any of the Steinberg “doctors” will say is “Duh! Duuude!” and forget about you. Quickly.

To get a bug fixed you first have to know what it is and where it is. And if you can’t be bothered to tell where your bug is and what it does you’ll never get it fixed.

“Doc, I feel ill.”
“What are the symptoms?”
“I dunno. You’re the doctor!”

If you can’t see what I’m saying there must be a conceptual black hole somewhere around here.

How do I report a problem with Cubase [bugbase].

Steinberg is a company name and can’t insist on anything like an individual person would be able to do.
You insisting on “and Steinberg insisting on 6.0.2 running solid and stable does not really help very much” dosent help very much. :wink:

Even more users are enthusiastic about 6.0.2.
I would insist that concrete specific information is needed to confirm and approve a problem. Please understand that I cannot confirm that quote “there must be something wrong with 6.0.2” and report this to an engineer so he can fix the issue “something wrong with 6.0.2”. I do not have any intention to talk back on users that have a problem but I can’t just confirm an unidentified issue. We all love Cubase and agree that bugs and issues suck. I am all up to identifying issues. Again, we need to assess concrete specific information.
I cannot reproduce any stability issues. If there are reproducible issues then please report them as described in
How do I report a problem with Cubase [bugbase].

Yet Steinberg keeps insisting 6.0.2 is stable and bug-free. Sorry, I don’t buy it, and I’m sure I’m not the only one

Again Steinberg is not a person. Amonongst others this Forum is Steinberg and the members of this community are Steinberg:
memberlist

If I would insist that Cubase 6.0.2 is bugfree I would not provide a link to the bugbase and appeal to report those roaches. The existence of the bugbase would be paradox.

Everybody is welcome to open threads about his particular issues and would hopefully provide enough information to make meaningful conclusions possible. So do provide specific information, system information, repros and cpr’s. We have many knowledgeable experienced users in this community that could help. We are open to assessing the issues that users are facing in this forum. You can also PM me specific information and specific cpr’s or contact support.

Gr,
JHP

JHP and Conman put it nicely - basically they are implying, that I don’t know how to use Cubase, and DAW in general. Possibly they think I’m kinda stupid, or at least not professional… Optimize your daw, report bug properly, don’t blame Steinberg…

I have no energy for playing these games.

My sytem is optimized just fine, was in XP and is in Win7. And I cannot report a bug, if there is no repetition! What am I supposed to say?! I clicked on timeline, and it crashed once? Next time it crashed doing variaudio. Next time it crashed when opened sample editor, and pressed play. Next time it crashed when I used up/down keys to browse through tracks. Next time it crashed when I opened plugin window. Next when I clicked on file in Mediabay. Next when i moved MIDI note in midi editor. Next when I changed setting in preferences. Next when I hide group tracks in mixer. Next when I dragged sample editor from one screen to another. And so on… How is that for bug report? It never happens the same twice. I click solo button on track, and bang, it goes…

And my PC specs, will it really help, if I say I have q6600 intel, 3 disks, nvidia 8500GT card, 2x RME hdsp, 1x emu 1820m and 2x 21inch LCD at 1600x1200? All drivers up-to-date, no antivirus, nothing else running. And guess what, I’m not watching YouTube while using Cubase, and no email on DAW… :open_mouth: And , yes, power cable is actually plugged it! If that is helping, I can go on, no prob, my mouse is Genius one, laser, red color, with grey cable. And I have silver USB hub connected to one use port, with dongle plugged in it. 600W Power supply. What difference does it make? It is just the usual DAW pc, it is 2011, specs are pretty much standard. After all this specs, can you now tell me what is wrong? No? I thought so.

I’m not looking for technical support. No. I know they can do nothing to help in such cases. I’m making a statement, that C6.0.2 is crashing in my case, that it is barely usable and that I expect it to be working as it was pre 6.0.2.

If it works perfectly in your case, I’m happy. But don’t try to convince me, that because it works for you, it must work for me too. Because it doesn’t. And I’m not stupid, i know how to use stuff. Don’t need no insulting with stupid doc jokes and conceptual black holes. I may not be the smartest Steinberg customer, but I’m quite confident that I can distinguish between crashing and stable app.

Is it really so hard to get it, that if some of us say C6.0.2 is crashing, that it may actually be crashing for us? What do you think, that I’m writing here for fun? I’m telling you, it is crashing after 6.0.2. Fix it asap!

You are the one playing the “games”. Thanks for the extra detail. Now someone will have a better isea of where YOUR problem lies.
We do not think you’re “kinda stupid” but your previous reporting of the problem may be construed as less than professional. You have to assume that optimisation has been done but something unidentified in YOUR system involving Cubase is causing your problem. Establish what it is like a particular motherboard, CPU, GPU or memory chip that is the cause and it will get fixed sooner.
Just becasue the new version seems to work for most systems currently does not mean that some component combination won’t throw up problems especially, and usually exclusively, with a new version. The trouble is that the fewer systems having problems means that it’s usually not a five minute job to fix fromthe end that has to corroborate ranting rather than explanations.

Sorry, but this does sound a bit teenage. It should read:
Optimize your daw, report bug properly, don’t blame Steinberg without explaining your problem properly first. And YOU said that, not anyone else. Putting spurious words into others’ mouths does not make for great friendships.

I have had mysterious problems in the past, sometimes taking a week to sort out what it is. Yes, even with the holy Cubase mostly it’s my system somewhere down the line but I am prepared to put the work in at my end before I call product support. It does need to be done that way. Some call it engineering trouble shooting.
It saves months (years even), as far as I can see here, moaning on a forum about vague problems that I refuse to talk about in detail.

I sense a black hole looming… and I can use “stuff” as well. :mrgreen:

Are you kidding? You want to know WHY it’s not working and what to do to fix it. You don’t know that tech support can do nothing because you’ve never called them. You wouldn’t make that statement otherwise.

That all said. I’d say that Q6600 may be part of your problem. What is the FSB and how much ram do you have?

The new Cubase 6 is optimised for i7 systems and Windows 7. The 6.0.2 (but not 6.0.1 where you may have been on the performance edge) may have just either overloaded your FSB data streaming from the ram to the CPU. Looking at the way your system crashes I’d say it’s either a dataflow problem or faulty ram. Otherwise Cubase would be crashing with the same problem most of the time. It’s got bugs but most users just don’t encounter that many.

I run a greedy pig of a system. There’s everything on there (i7 6gig ram etc). Net, AV, YouTube. Well everything you haven’t got I have, and mine works fine. So we both have to go figure on that one.

Pain in the A setting up new systems but that’s what you might need to do.

Very nice, yet also your post does not help, sorry. That said, I don’t think, you were coming to help , either, but please do correct me if I am wrong.

OK, I give you this, Steinberg did not insist literally that 6.0.2 is bug-free, and yes, in this case I was LYING (which is a sin and god - if he exists - will take care of that), let me put differently what I was trying to say: Steinberg (or if you guys prefer me saying “some professionals representing Steinberg”) keep insisting on the problems that and other users (all of which, by the way are customers who have paid quite an amount for this software (which I admit is worth every cent, since it is otherwise an excellent program), dare I mention it, these customers may well expect customer service/support) are user-mistakes. Just go back and read Mr.Beuermanns’ replies in the thread “6.0.2 crackles”.

And the replies I have gotten from Mr.Beuermann were not very inviting as in asking for specific data about my problem in order to check if it is a bug. He did not even leave open the slightest possibility of it being a bug. Again, go to said thread and read through it.

I have all my PC specs in my sig, I will here again try to outline my problem concerning crackles:

I was NOT using the MBC, nor any other Steinberg plug-ins in this project so far.

When opening IK Multimedia’s Sample Tank 2.5 and using it, I got crackles. No, hold it for one sec, I know what you are going to say (ASIO buffer size, etc…), see, with the EXACT SAME settings and the EXACT SAME plug-ins, in fact it was the EXACT SAME project run under Cubase version 6.0.0 I did not have ANY crackles AT ALL.

Call me an idiot, but I do think this is somewhat weird. Again, I did not change ANYTHING in my settings, the only thing changed was the Cubase version, and I am getting crackles.
And you are still trying to tell me these crackles are NOT related to the update 6.0.2?
If yes, then you can start talking about that “conceptual black hole somewhere around here” which you so eloquently talked about.

Also a very cute the little doctor joke, really very cute, I almost had to laugh, almost, it was very close… :unamused:

Lars

See my post above, it comments on your post as well (Steinberg not being a person, I know you are right, and I was wrong, and Cubase 6.0.2 running stable, nice and smooth, NOT).

You have already provided me with some useful hints in the other thread, and I can really see you are doing your best in trying to help, and I appreciate it.

I can totally understand that software can and will have bugs, that is NOT the problem, but the way some of the users experiencing issues with the latest update are being told that 6.0.2 does not produce ANY crackles, whatsoever (insisting on semantics is just a bit silly here, isn’t it?!) just does not look right to me.

Thanks,
Lars

sonicstate wrote

I clicked on timeline, and it crashed once? Next time it crashed doing variaudio. Next time it crashed when opened sample editor, and pressed play. Next time it crashed when I used up/down keys to browse through tracks. Next time it crashed when I opened plugin window. Next when I clicked on file in Mediabay. Next when i moved MIDI note in midi editor. Next when I changed setting in preferences. Next when I hide group tracks in mixer. Next when I dragged sample editor from one screen to another.

It’s got to be a problem with your hardware and/or system configuration. Have you checked for spyware etc.? Memtest? I don’t blame you for being p**ed off if this is what’s happening to you - it’s a bad situation but it’s not Cubase.

I come from the Mac side, so this may make no difference at all, but have you tried plugging your dongle directly into the computer?

You get all these it’s system. I know about the crackles some people get. Apparently that’s being looked into and I know that’s some system related bug and should be fixed. I know that bugs can manifest themselves on just some machines and not others.
As far as people thinking others are idiots well maybe it’s because I get the impression that some think (most) others are idiots because they actually want to try and fix something instead of join in and rant.

Very nice, yet also your post does not help, sorry. That said, I don’t think, you were coming to help , either, but please do correct me if I am wrong

Be corrected. All anyone has offered is help. I wouldn’t dream of saying the opposite about you not actually wanting any and just wasting everyone’s good time. But seeing as you said that first…:mrgreen:

Your answers are looking a little contrived actually so, after doing my best, I’ll save my time and leave you to it because if you used Cubase as much as you use the forum you could have fixed it by now.
Buy a new system.