When Cubase 8.5 update?

Hi,

I have bought Cubase 8 but not registered it yet. I was using the v8 demo but it worked not very good so I installed Cubase 7.5 to test. I was thinking to wait with registering my new bought Cubase 8 to get a free grace period update to 8.5. If I remember correct there is every year a Cubase update in november/december right?

Hi,

Just to make sure about terms… The activation date is crucial for the Grace Period always, not the registration date. Activation date is the one, when you enter the Activation Code in the eLicenser Control Center application, and download the license to your USB-eLicenser.

Thanks for the info.

When did the last few updates appear? If I remember correct this was most of the time at the end of the year right?

Thanks. Good list!

I’m in the same boat, I’m waiting until the grace period so I can buy cubase 8 pro, If it maintains its previous iterations period then it should be 15th Oct, thus I’m delaying my purchase for a month. I will be asking if this will remain the same for 8->8.5 on the presales forum next month.

Ofcourse it’s not a sure thing. Howeveer I know I would feel terrible if I register just a few days to early…

I thought one of the mods mentioned another maintainence update 8.0.30, (but I don’t remember which mod mentioned it). Anyone else happen to see this also?

Probably at Musikmesse next year 7-10.4.2016

Can’t see any updates of any kind happening until the Windows 10 thing gets sorted

Although Steinberg haven’t announced it yet (still testing I guess) Microsoft say they fixed the issue in a W10 update last week.

Yep cubase 8.0.20 runs Great on win10 now. Well at least on my computer.

Really? I thought Steinberg hasn’t recommended using Windows 10 yet?

They are still testing, and I can understand they want to make sure before they give an ok. To be fair, there could be other issues that I’m not affected of. Anyway to be on topic, if the 8.5 version follow the earlier pricing, then it’s only 50 bananas from 8.0 to 8.5. That really should not be a reason to wait IMHO.

Cubase 8.0.20 Pro is running fine here too (Windows 10 Pro 64 bits)

On my system Cubase pro 8.0.20 on Windows 10 pro could not open any previous projects so I’m back to Windows 8.1.

They haven’t really done Musikmesse tie-ins before with Cubase. Most recent form suggests 8.5 right after Black Friday - keep 50 euros spare.

I don’t have this problem here.

Thanks for that. I’m thinking it must be an SSD issue with not being able to open old projects. Win8.1 or win7 does not have this issue.

I know. A lot of people are saying this but, at this time, Steinberg are still recommending we do not install Windows 10. Maybe, as suggested above, an announcement is imminent, but until then I can’t see any updates of Cubase 8. ##