When Cubase 8.5 update?

Apart from an external audio card, does you system include added hardware? The reason I ask, and what worries me about Windows 10, is that I have quite a bit. eg, two UAD cards (PCIe) and a PowerCore compact with a Access Virus (Firewire).

On top of that I have a very old EMU 2018m sound card that hasn’t been updated (drivers wise) for many years, but which I like a lot and would prefer to continue using.

Still, I haven’t been offered the Win 10 download yet so I intend to do some research before updating anything.

Sorry, no UAD cards or anything similar installed here. The only problem I had with Windows 10 Pro was the focusrite driver. But I installed a beta version and it is working fine now. In fact, I was expecting many more bugs, but the upgrade process was great.

Thanks.

See, this is my worry. If the core operating system is basically the same as Win 7 then all my hardware and drivers should wake up and work in Win 10 just as they do now, and believe me, they work like a well oiled machine in Win 7. At present I enjoy hours and hours of trouble free usage in Cubase with all of my extras tagging along just like they belong there.

Of course, I have made an image of my system just in case, but I know that Win 7 is now yesterdays news and it’s a Luddite mentality to resist change.

I guess time will tell

Yes, I was using windows 7 too. Windows 10 Pro looks good until now. Remember you can roll back to Windows 7.

(I know we’re way off topic here, but won’t be touching W10 til Apple update quicktime, I believe that’s still a problem with Cubase and any DAW relying on it).

I hope that Steinberg drops support for Quicktime. I’m running QT 7.7.7 on Windows 10 Pro, but the time has surely come when, like others (Reaper for example), QT is dropped.

Just to say that I had QT 7.7.7 on Windows 8.1, then installed Windows 10 over the top. QT 7.7.8 won’t install (as expected).

I’m still hoping for Cubase 8.0.3 to fix a few other things that are still wrong (Windows UI comes to mind…) before I will consider paying for an update. I honestly have never been disappointed in Steinberg before CP8 came out. I want CP8.5 to be an update to an already decent piece of software, not as a paid fix to turn CP8 into the program it should have been when it was initially released.

I’m hoping by December. Like they’ve been releasing in recent years. The question is what will they add to an already amazing DAW… Cubase is getting super advanced. I’m hoping it will be as solid as 7.5… I’m sure 8.5 will be amazing, the programmers are working hard on new features that will amaze us all.
Keep up the great work Steinberg :slight_smile:

Sounds to me like you are a new customer and must have activated the licence on your dongle if you are using any version of Cubase. Once you have activated the licence it is automatically registered so the availability of 8.5 and grace period question becomes a moot point.

Hopefully not much if this means carrying unfixed bugs over to the next version.

Wow!

I want more plugins :slight_smile:

Did someone say “Amazing”? this plug in is amazing - Instruments Forum - KVR Audio :wink:

Good find :slight_smile:

hah, didn’t know that one yet :slight_smile:

No it’s this one, that one is not this one.
Rumor has it that this could later be upgraded to This’nThat.
This is the one That I need.

That is subjective

Native Instruments recently released Stems. I hope Cubase 8.5 will support it.

Rumour has it 8.5 to be announced any day now…

More cowbell…

ARA support ! and the new Harrison mixerbus !