When Cubase 9.02

Never been able to use 9 since I tried it on day one
So much stuff broken

Hippo

What bugs keep you from using it?

Day to day ?

Scales completely broken (that breaks a load of other features)
Audio Warp now glitches (that breaks a load of other features)

That’s enough basic stuff to stop my daily work

There are a lot of other things but those I could work round

“there are over 6200 tasks logged for Cubase 9” is not good even for a new release IMO

Hippo

Hippo, those sound like the bugs that are actually being dealt with in the short term.

Does audio warping when changing the tempo after applying “Set Definition From Tempo” cause the same problem?

“Does audio warping when changing the tempo after applying “Set Definition From Tempo” cause the same problem?”

Of course it does that’s one of the many other consequences of such a basic bug

“Hippo, those sound like the bugs that are actually being dealt with in the short term.”

I bloody well hope so

This is fundamental stuff and its been over a month and took me less than 5 minutes to find

This CB9 should never have been released in this state

Hippo

I rolled back to 8.5
100€ for nothing :cry:

I hope a new maintenance release fix all damaged things.

Regards,
Lluís

Which bugs specifically hold you back?

Sorry for my english… :confused:
One— Fixed in 9.0.10
I do very hard work with variaudio (bad singers… :unamused:) and use to open two or more traks in the same editor.
I use to have tracks window in the upper part of the screen and variaudio window at the bottom.
I click on a track and its open in variaudio, now I shift-click on a second track to open it together and nothing happend.
I must click on a track I do not wish to use and then click on the track I need and now it works…

Two—
I have the track list divided, and I use a lot the slider to zoom the vertical size of the waveform.
In a recently open project this slider only works on the lower part of the divided track list… I must undivide and divide again and it works.

Those are minor bugs really, added because Steinberg made changes in the interface to add lower zone. This stupid bugs surely are a consequence of a too early release. I’m not confident with quality checks before release, and I think there may be other hidden errors (render in place do some estrange things too)

I started with cubase 8.0 release but with maintenance releases already published.
I updated to 8.5 some months late and there where maintenances updates released.
It is the first time I buy an upgrade as soon as it was released because lower zone looks really interenting for the way I work. But the lower zone has a lot of bugs and misses yet.
And… this is a mistake…
I learned that I must wait for a polished release to be sure that there is not misworks added.
I am sure the first maintenance release will be the finished 9.0 release.

The posibility to have both releases installed in the same machine is helpful to wait for Steinberg.

Regards,
Lluís

I’ll check these out later and will report them if I can reproduce them. If you want to do that yourself then find out the reproduction steps and post it over on the Issues forum. :slight_smile:

I hope this is changed. Many have posted that it is very demoralizing at times when there is no Steinberg response to the effort that members have made to post a bug report. Business 101 suggests that this is not a good situation to leave as it stands.

I believe the rest of your post suggests that the forum is being looked at by Steinberg employees, whether it is noted as such or not. I’d suggest that if they have noted a thread, they drop a response along the lines of, “Noted, will review”, or “Noted, actively reviewing”, or some other type of acknowledgement of the time and effort the customer has taken to post.

It takes 10 seconds, and goes a long way towards engendering good feelings and good customer relations. Long-time users want to see Steinberg succeed, and it’s much harder to imagine that happening in the long run with a disgruntled user base.

Thank you -

Tempo Detection seems to be broken for me also, but only on longer audio events. If I split the events into one minute chunks, and process the chunks separately it seems to work ok.

If that works for me, I owe you a cold one, thanks for the hint!

Is there any gluing together of the tempo track needed as you add each subsequent bit? Or does it just keep on chugging along, modifying the tempo later in the project, without any manipulation needed besides regluing the source track back together)?

There is still some manual editing needed between the chunks to get them to line up but it’s “workable” i suppose. I really hope there is a fix soon. It works fine for me in C8.5.

I get a kick out of these “when is the next update” posts, I’ve been a Cubase user from the Atari days and I’ve never seen Steinberg give a hint yet…

I’ve seen multiple times in the past year or so where a mod will say something like, “… very soon”.

Oh yes, we do get hints these days but they’re pleasantly vague… :smiley:

Soon in geological terms or the life cycle of an E.coli? Somewhere in between I assume…

So…when?

This thread was actually about when 9.0.10 would be released. So the answer is… last month.