When is Cubase 12 coming out

When is Cubase 12 coming out

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

more seriously:

6 Likes

I think it is know - Greg Ondo said in the Cubase Live Stream, that he can not discuss the release date - Not that he doesn’t know or that it wasn’t announced.

1 Like

Seems like if he didn’t know the date that would on its own be a pretty good reason that he couldn’t discuss it.

Or maybe he is saying as a condition of his employment he is not allowed to discuss release dates independent of what he might or might not know about them.

2 Likes

Agree with option 2. Not allowed to…

1 Like

Greg once said on a Friday he didn’t know the release date of a new Cubase version when the next Cubase was coming out the following Tuesday. Steinberg most definitely has a date in mind, but normally they just come out with announcements and promo videos all at the same time (and for us regular peeps it seems to be out of the blue)

2 Likes

They’ve also got staff shortage at the moment (Who hasn’t?), so anything is subject to change internally. We only see the final date, of course.

3 Likes

They’ll probably make an announcement of sorts on Feb 1 or Feb 2.

1 Like

So jobs available at Steinberg then? I’m up for it!

1 Like

Think it’s just illness, but there’s always coffee to be made I guess! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not exactly sure why, but I’m quite excited for Cubase 12 this time!

Maybe I have high hopes, maybe I’m glad we’re getting rid of the dongle, no idea. But I can’t wait to see what they did with Cubase 12!

3 Likes

Me too and that’s uncharacteristic.

Maybe it’s the thrill of going straight from 11 to 12 with no 11.5 between.

3 Likes

I really don’t have high hopes. There hasn’t been much in the last couple of releases that’s made a difference to me - apart from the imager plugin, which I use a fair bit. I expect the same will be true this time. I hope I’m wrong. What I’m really hoping for is increased efficiency of the audio engine….

3 Likes

Of course. But in my experience, unless there is some last-minute disaster, the launch plan is usually locked in 6-8 weeks ahead. There are lots of details to coordinate, such as advertising, launch videos, channel partner inventory and procedures, special staffing for extra support for the first week or two, etc. My guess is that Steinberg is still dealing with some issues with the licensing system, learing from the Dorico launch, and they probably want to nail that down solidly, so my guess is we are not into that 6-8 week countdown yet.

OTOH, I expect they would like to turn the mutha out before summer. So my wild guess would be mid-April.

1 Like

Musikmesse 29 April to 1 May maybe?

3 Likes

Tomorrow @ 2:19 am GMT

3 Likes

Cubase 12 coming out: “I must confess I’m - 11.5”

1 Like

Heart attack if they just jumped to 13! (Reminiscences of Spinal Tap…)

3 Likes

I honestly have never cared about a new Cubase release until this one. The fact that it’s going to be M1 native and no more need to carry around a dongle… YES PLEASE!!! I can work anywhere without worry if I am carrying a USB thingy. Now I have to switch over to something else that isn’t UAD plugins so I can REALLY work anywhere.

1 Like

I’m seeing a lot of products and OS updates put out the last year or two from various software companies fall well short of expectations. So I don’t think it’s in customers’ best interest to force a new version simply because that was the way the business schedule was done before. Better to pump the brakes and make sure things are working and complete first, even if it takes and extra 6-12 months.

2 Likes