When is the 7.0.2 update coming out???

I was hoping to be announced on Musikmesse… :open_mouth:

Still targeted for this month of April.

my apologies for not responding sooner, but I didn’t receive an email that there was a response and have been busy.
When I said no fixes in 6 months I meant for all the problems I encountered since day 1.
Wavelab 7 still crashes consistently after I open it and load a new wavfile. Once I restart it it stays up. Unless I try to move any window around or resize it…then it goes boom quickly.

Not saving presets…when I do Save As it always reverts to a different setting not the one I checked to remember for next time. For example Save As MP3 always goes back to Frauenhofer even though I had it set to Lame and told it to remember. Similar when I render .
Also I despise the fact that I can longer do a save special to mp3…I always have to re-select under save as.
Basically the workflow has me do more work than before. The Fades no longer work as regular ctrl f selections I have to go to the menu to select. It took me hours to figure out on how to create a basic CD project…I can’t move the master section around there’s no true undock… and obviously as stated before no decent documentation…which might address some of these issues. But I have to work not spend time researching.

I have been using it a bit more recently only because of the vst 3 plugins but with all the crashing I find myself more cursing and then end up in w6 again.

I have been using Steinberg products for well over 25 years and this is truly the first product of theirs I had these massive problems with. I do hope this will eventually be addressed in a positive way.

I have been waiting for this far to long now.
I was promised by support that .flac support was going to happen in the first update.
Firstly we had to wait for ages on the first update, then there was no .flac support!!

I really love my Cubase, but this is bad.

And what about sorting plugins by vendor?
Isn’t it natural that the same company whould implement that when the function is in another software?

I can’t answer for PG but, I have worked with a lot of software devlopers and, honestly, no.

Just because a feature is in one product it doesn’t mean the same features appear in others. Software code isn’t just a physical “body” you can weld onto another car frame and call it a new “model” etc.

Sometimes the code bases are in different languages, or are just so different with so many other code dependencies that what seem like an easy change to make is excruciatingly complex.

That being said, I want to sort my plugs that way to, but while Nuendo sorts them that way I don’t expect Wavelab 7 will until I hear confirmation otherwise. That’s all.

Just a reminder that it is the 15th of April so we are half way through the month…in case it slipped your attention.

As much as I’d like to see 7.1, I’d like to see a real manual (with illustrations and tutorials) more. By a factor of at least 10X.

There is no delay in our schedule…

Looking forward to 7.1, but I’d like a manual with illustrations and tutorials as well. How about both? :slight_smile:

At this point, I’m waiting for “Wavelab 7 Power!” to help fill this gap (I believe it will be released in May)… As a new Wavelab user coming from other similar competing apps, I find the workflow of Wavelab to be different enough to warrant a detailed manual with tutorials to help me adjust. I feel the power is there, and I’m excited about using that power, but I don’t fully understand the most effective way to use it yet!

Anyway, thanks for the great work and for visiting the forum… but please do consider a manual and tutorials!

If you have a Bible handy, check out the advice in Luke 12:25 …

How about Ecclesiastes 3:1??? instead.

Yes,
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven…”!

BVs “Turn, turn, turn”… :slight_smile:

Today is April 21, 2011. It is now 3/4 of the way through April. The update is going to be released soon??? Thanks!

+1

where is 7.1 ? :unamused:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/archive/2011/04/21/article/wavelab-71-update-available-1546.html

Many thanks PG! Can’t wait to try out all the enhancements and new features, it looks packed! :smiley:

Looks like a fantastic update! Thanks for the hard work, can’t wait to install it!

+1

Thanks for that!

Thanks PG it looks like you have done your homework well!!!