WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?

PLEASE tell me when are you going to fix this?

Cubase 9.5 and NUENDO8 now Insert pasted audio instead of overwriting

This may just be a setting that got changed after I upgraded to Cubase 9.5 but I’ve recently noted that the behavior of copying and pasting sections of audio within the audio editor now insert my audio from my clipboard instead of overwriting the selected area.

For example, if I open the audio editor window and drag my cursor to select lets say a 1/4 bar or audio phrase, copy that selected audio and then move the shaded (selected) section to another location within the audio and paste. Whereas before the upgrade, I would get the copied phrase pasted to fill the entire selection; Cubase now inserts the audio and moves all the remaining audio down causing the previously aligned audio to shift to the right.

If I’d simply placed my cursor to another position within the audio and pasted, then I’d expect the audio shift; essentially an insert. But not when I’ve moved a selected (section) to a different location. I’d want it to overwrite everything within the selected area.

How can I re-enable the feature because something has obviously changed.

AND THIS:

When you paste more audio in recorded part… then zoom in and out portion of wave form disappears. What is this nonsense?

THANK YOU

Hi,

This should be fixed in Nuendo 8.3.10 already.

Martin,

Thanks for your reply.
Indeed, the Paste-Insert was fixed.
How about the other issue I mentioned? Are you planning to fix that?

and please check out the picture I attached. What about this issue?

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t know, what other issues you mentioned.

The one you attach the screenshot about, this is by design (unfortunately).

I see

The other issue is this

When you paste more audio in recorded part… then zoom in and out portion of wave form disappears. What is this nonsense?

Hi

Thanks for fixing

CAN-17742 Sample Editor The Paste function in the Sample Editor now overwrites a selection properly.

COULD YOU PLEASE do the same for CUBASE 9.5 ? It has the same issue

PS Nuendo 8 started to crash on mac at some point. Before I had never had this problem. It is enough to either click some place or try to do anything in particular and POOF

but one thing I found that does make it crash

every time I go to any project that has tracks plugins set etc and go to paint bucket settings in tool bar, click on RESET colors to factory defaults. it changes colors ant hen POOF it crashes.

Hi,

Please make a new thread about the crash (send me a link via PM, please). And attach the *.crash file from the macOS Console.