Where are the individual midi files you save in a project?

I guess I’m a little less clear than I wish. Yes, I did and would wish for a batch function. I should have asked if we were talking ‘track’ or ‘midi part’ when we were talking about ‘select.’ I assumed what was selected was the ‘midi part’ in the track … but I may have misunderstood.

At any rate, if I chop a midi track and rename the parts on that same track individually in the info line, Cubase obviously recognizes that part distinctly by the name given to that midi part. This must be the case as you can copy and move the renamed part and it retains its properties and channel data. So a named midi part must have an ‘identity’ within Cubase as a discrete data bit with midi properties.

First I am saying, if I select one of possibly multiple midi parts on the same track, it would be great to simply be able to directly export that midi part as a midi file. Something like: Export > Midi > (Selected) Midi Part. That would be an improvement in work flow over muting all the other tracks and exporting by range.

However, to go to the next step, ‘batch,’ why couldn’t I select multiple midi parts and have Cubase export them as midi files in batch fashion automatically using the unique name of each individual midi part to name the midi files?

Something similar in concept happens when you select multiple files in the pool to insert in your project. Cubase asks if you want to import to a single track or to multiple tracks … and procedes accordingly.

Anyway, just because I’d like such a feature, I doubt unless this made sense to a lot of people Cubase would make the effort.

Thanks for all the help in helping me sort this out.

Como

Late entry on this one.

I’ve been struggling with exporting all the midi instrument parts from Cubase 8.5 which I need to send to someone who can upload in their DAW (Logic). I just found that if you use Export Midi File, it exports all Midi tracks as one file which when imported, breaks out into each individual midi part again. Range was set to whole length of song and no individual tracks were selected or muted.

Perfect.