First off, I just want to say that I’m a big fan of the concept of Dorico. I had the 30 day trial last year, and I was impressed by the feel of the program and the ease of the editing process. Other than some occasional sound errors, it worked smoothly without error. That’s why I was so excited to receive my Dorico box last afternoon. Unfortunately, I seem to have a major problem:
The time signatures show up as Wingdings rather than as numerals!
When I hover over a panel-created time sig icon in the right-side panel, hover text shows up just as it does in my working copy on my other computer. This leads me to think that there must be a problem with certain icons in this installation. On closer inspection, I can’t input notes; the rests show up as tiny asterisks; and when I try to add a key signature using the right-side panel, the little staff preview twitches and lengthens, but doesn’t actually display sharps and flats. Something is seriously wrong here.
Steps I’ve already taken:
0) used the Steinberg manager to update my copy, which worked in my trial, to the latest version
- installed Dorico on another computer, where it works perfectly
- uninstalled all mentions of Dorico, Halion, or Steinberg using the Windows 10 built-in Apps and Features manager, and deleted the Steinberg folder from the Downloads directory on my computer
- reinstalled using precisely the same method as step 1
- tried using ctrl-I to input 4/4, 6/8, 15/8 (the time sig I was trying to add in the first place), or 3/2
- restarted my computer
Both computers run Windows 10, are a couple of years old, and tend to run relatively similarly, which makes their difference here surprising. Further, the trial worked on this computer several months ago.
Time signatures.zip (1000 KB)