Where can I download the previous version of 9?

The newest version introduces a couple of bugs/issues that are annoying.

EDIT:
_Bugs/issues for me:

1. Graphics performance is even worse than before on Mac in certain projects
  2. Not being able to quickly select export destinations is huge for me, as someone with tons of different outputs per day to different locations at a really fast pace._

Can someone point me to the previous version download? I can’t seem to find it, though I might just be being an idiot. :smiley:

Thanks.

Hi,

I’m sorry, there are no older versions available on the Steinberg server.

What kind of bugs do you mean?

Me too - graphic performance is horrible with the latest release here as well it’s never been that bad.

Someone should have the previous installer?

Two that are significant for me:

1. Graphics performance is even worse on Mac in certain projects
  2. Not being able to quickly select export destinations is huge for me, as someone with tons of different outputs per day to different locations at a really fast pace.

There’s GOT to be a place to download it from…? :unamused:

I thought you could download older version installs from the Steinberg FTP site. Is this no longer possible ?

only way old - not the previous 9 releases for ex

You don’t mention why you need it so maybe this is an option for you?

If you upgraded to 9.0.10 from 9.0.1 you can delete the 9.0.10 upgrade and go back to 9.0.1.

And before you ask… here is how to do it.

Go to where you uninstall programs. In windows 10 it is settings>apps & features.
Scroll down to the bottom where you will see “programs and features”. Choose it.
From that screen choose “view installed updates” (it is located on the left). Choose it.
From that screen scroll to the entry for the Steinberg Cubase 9.0.10 update.
Click on that to uninstall the update.

Regards :sunglasses:

I did mention it in another post here, but thanks for the info. I’m on Mac, though (thus the GUI problems) - can’t find a similar way to do it unfortunately, so if someone knows please let us know!

I’m starting to get maddened with Cubase, I must admit. :cry: There should always be previous versions available to download, for obvious reasons. But that’s neither here nor there…I just need to roll back.

Mods? Anyone? There must be somewhere we can access it…!

I keep all my Cubase full installs and updates on my hard drive for this exact reason but if you have only just bought into Cubase then obviously the only version you will have access to is the latest.

I’m not clear on what version you are trying to go back to as the title in your post reads like you want the initial release of Cubase 9 (before the update). This you should be able to download for a clean install from ‘My Steinberg’

If it is 8.5 or earlier then you should be able to contact Steinberg and request a download link I would think.

Sorry I can’t help with an install for mac as being on PC I only saved PC versions.

You’re right – I guess that’s the original version…except that when I initially downloaded that one it did a little update itself (I think it was 9.0.01 or something like that), so I want to make sure it doesn’t update to the latest version this time.