Where do I find my Activation Code?

I updated to Cubase 7.5 from 7.06 and it won’t start until I put in a activation code. Where is this?

I tried the maintenance button in the elicenser control center, but that did not help. I upgraded on line from Cubase 5 and cannot find a book or manual with the activation code.

Why is it when you go into Steinberg.net, log in to your account the information is not there? :frowning:

it was on the successful purchase web page at the end of your transaction and in the e-mail it sent to you after that.

Ok, I find the activation code and put it in. But the upgrade License button is grayed out. There is a red zero with a line through it on my USB licenses and soft licenser as well. It is no license to upgrade selectable. No license to upgrade found. Please connect a USB ELcenser which contains an appropriate license to upgrade to your computer.

However when I try to open Cubase 7.5 it says I have to activate it. I have a session this afternoon, and there is no tel. number to call for tech support in the USA.I emailed them but I have a feeling I won’t get a response in time.

If you haven’t already, close Cubase and download the latest licensing software from the site, install it then try the activation again. It may just be that your licensing software is needing updated.

Yeah I downloaded the latest Elicense, rebooted the computer and am I still stuck where I left off on my above post.

I am in the middle of a session so I am really going to have problems this afternoon.

The activation code should work. It should also be wrong entry proof as if you enter the wrong code it will just not accept that. If not then contact support as occasionally someone gets a problem like this. NEVER change Cubase versions in “mid session”. Saves the forum being clogged up by user error disasters.

When I put the activation code in, it says the license activation code was recognized correctly. Please click Continue to select an appropriate license to upgrade.

When I hit the next button it says No License to upgrade selectable.

Odd. Try PMing one of the moderators to see if there’s a quick fix or contact support. That should get it sorted for you. Should be fairly painless.
Quick thought, sorry if I missed you mention it, but is Cubase 7.5 actually installed on the computer you’re trying to enter the license key for? Which is why it might not see the C7.5 to license.

I had version 7.06 and only updated the 7.5 update. Based on the Steinberg web page, I should not have to install the entire 7.5 program.

I tried everything to no avail. NO License to upgrade selectable. No license to upgrade found.

Lost a whole day in my studio and no one from Steinberg responded to my inquiry.

Everything about this software and issues always ends in failure…the post here ENDS with no solution.Like selling a hamburger in your restaurant without the meat,then when people come to ask why,no one is there and the restaurant is suddenly gone.

Everything about this software and issues always ends in failure…the post here ENDS with no solution.Like selling a hamburger in your restaurant without the meat,then when people come to ask why,no one is there and the restaurant is suddenly gone.Around and around and around and around…etc we all go looking for answers and solutions only to get a bunch of computer geeks hanging around with nothing else to do,and when the real help is needed ,they vanish.