Where does Cubase put the USER pictures?

When a USER instrument picture is imported into the Cubase mixer, where is that image stored to ?

It is not saved with the song, so it becomes system data, but I cannot find where the location of it is, can anyone find where it goes …

Not Sure if you are wanting to add to icons but if you figure out how to let me know. I see the path below for my win 7 computer but unsure how to edit
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 7\Track Pictures

Does anyone know what are the specs needed to create track icons? I would like to get started creating my own until I get my copy of Cubase 7.

Thanks!

The pictures have to be a BMP, JPG or PNG file, there doesn’t appear to be a file size limit, but as the image is generally very small, there isn’t much point in having a huge file. I have been experimenting with 500 x 500 pixels size, which seems to be OK, but smaller is probably still OK, I will continue to experiment.

It is best to make the background transparent.

But I cannot see where Cubase puts them, as it could be converting them into something smaller anyway.

It definately does not put them in the Track Picture folder.

Thanks so much!

The original pictures have 512x512 pixels :slight_smile:

I downloaded a bunch of custom track icons made for Logic and they work just fine in Cubase :mrgreen:

in case somebody is interested and havent noticed this thread: Track Icons for you - Steinberg Lounge - Steinberg Forums

plugin track pictures galore

Cubase 7 factory track pictures location on Windows 7: “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 7\Track Pictures\FactoryTrackPictures.srf”.

Windows 7 User Locations:

• %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\User Content\Track Pictures
  • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cache\Track Picture Thumbnails
    When a user image is used in a project:
  • ._Project Folder_\Track Pictures

Mark

The storage location on the mac is:

[HD]\USERS[USER]\LIBRARY\APPLICATION SUPPORT\STEINBERG\CONTENT\VST SOUND\USER CONTENT\TRACK PICTURES

Do you have a download link for me? Thanks :slight_smile:

I’ve been snagging pics from manufacture’s and music store’s web sites. Easy way to get pics of the exact instrument/equipment you are using. Especially the thumbnails in search results at music stores. Also I prefer these color images over the default black and white.

Now if only I could find someone selling hand-claps. :sunglasses:

These user pictures are really good! I have crappy sight and staring at little numbers on the screen is not the best way to go for me. I just think of what the sound sounds like to me say go to google images (goggle images?) and just pick a picture that seems right to me. For example my current synth sound reminds me of a jellyfish and so its a man o war.

Would be nice to see this search within the app rather than in a independent browser

Zero

Been doing the same. I got lots of high quality percussion instrument pictures from the LP (Latin Percussion) site. Also Musicians Friend has some high quality pictures (some are not as detailed though) for other instruments. Still need to collect more, just haven’t had the time, and edit them to fit the correct format. Love track icons! It was one of the few features I was missing from Sonar, :smiley:.

I’ve made a few for some of the hardware instruments I have if anyone wants them:

Nord Lead A1
Moog Sub Phatty
Elektron Analog Four

(512px width PNGs)
http://1drv.ms/1GBTiCI