Where in God's Name is the equivalent of "Ctrl+Drag"

I ran out of space in the subject title to explain briefly the question. Hopefully it will grab some attention.

I’m a new convert to Cubase 8 on Mac Pro. I understand how Mac Key Commands are different from PC and have worked plenty on Macs prior. With regard to my jump from CB 5 to Cubase 8, I even won’t start my list of VERY useful features they’ve thrown out with the bath water since Cubase 5 that REALLY sped up my mixing and event editing. Namely the “Save All Mixer Settings.” What in God’s name possessed them to do away with that??? THAT’s an entire topic I will take up with the features thread when I have time, but I digress…

MY ISSUE that I need HELP On:
My emergency issue right now is fundamental… When I was on PC in my very sturdy version of “5” in Windows 7, when I wanted to drag a wave or any other event on the project pallet to another track or up or down the lane I’m working on , I would hold my Control key and drag the event keeping it in time with it’s placement with the project. So in other words “Ctrl+Dragging” up or down anywhere kept my event in time with the origin from which I am moving it from.

I’m on Mac now trying to edit and it’s taking me 3 times as long trying to re-learn some fundamentals that don’t work the same in Mac. Yes, I actually get around in Mac fine, and I understand that “Command” on a Mac is the equivalent to “Control” on PC. I’ve known that for years.

BUT for some dang reason when I hold “Command” to try to select and drag the wave even, I see the cursor turn into a little speaker and it “acts” like it’s playing the event but I don’t hear anything, in other words it’s a function that is completely useless.

I’m sure this is one of those “DOH!” moments and that all I have to do is change a preference feature, but I have NO idea what that feature is, in order to change it.

I will continue to try to find the fix and will report back if I resolve it, but if someone knows the answer PLEASE help a brother out. I’ve combed the web looking for the answer and can’t find it. This is my last resort other than waiting until Monday to call tech support.

Thanks!!

calm down a bit…

help will then come soon :sunglasses:

I found it! But it still doesn’t make sense because I went into preferences under "Editing>Tool Modifiers>Drag & Drop> and the “Constraint Direction” modifier is actually what I’ve been trying to use, which is “Command” then drag & drop. Well, even though that is the factory setup, I found out by doing my own attempts using different key, that the following in what I have to do in spite of what Cubase’s assignment “says” should be the key command modifier:

Editing Tool Modifiers for Drag & Drop
:ugeek: - Constraint Direction = Shift+Command
:ugeek: - Constraint Direction Copy of Event = Shift+Alt(Option)+Command

:sunglasses: