Where is download access code found?

Hi
I downloaded Cubase Elements 7 and am trying to register it.
When I click on icon on my PC I get message that I need to register product.
When I go the the register now page it asks for my :
“Download access code”-but i don’t have this or know where to find it, I have an e-mail with an activation code-but don’t know where this goes!!
I’ve tried the activation code in as the download access code but get error message saying this code is not 25 characters long.
Can anyone help!!
Thanks Steve

1 Like

Hello Steve,

if you purchased Cubase Elements 7 you don’t have, or need, a Download Access Code.

If you didn’t activate your software, please do so:

As Elements is activated on a Software container called “Soft-eLicenser”, you might want to gether some information about it:

Once the software has been authorised, you can proceed with the registration:
– Log in to your MySteinberg account
– Click on Add Software
– Select your software version
– Insert either the Activation Code or Soft-eLicenser number

Kind regards,

Thanks Fabio,
I think that’s worked as it let’s me access programme.
However on the news page it has a Special Offer to upgrade from Trial version-so does the software still think I have trial version?
Thanks Steve

Hello Steve,

I retrieved your activation code, it is used so the software is correctly authorised.
You should not receive any messages about upgrading at this point.

Would you post or send me a screen-shot of the message if it is still there, please?

Cheers,

Hi Fabio,
(Not sure how to get screen grab-If you let me know how to get screen grab will do so)
On the Steinberg hub tab it mentions about activate trial versions and unlock trial versions

This is the message that is shown on the news section of the Hub :
Convinced by Cubase Elements 7 Trial?

Upgrading is simple: Buy the activation code, perform a few mouse clicks and in less than five minutes you’re done.
Below shows message below it as well

• News
• New Features
• Quick Start

Convinced by Cubase Elements 7 Trial?
Upgrading is simple: Buy the activation code, perform a few mouse clicks and in less than five minutes you’re done.

Cubase crash upon starting a project under Windows

Does your Cubase program actually open. Are you able to use it. The news part of the Hub is general information so does not apply to you personally. If you are running a trial version, usually the bought version takes over when the trial version expires.
Have you re-run the e-licenser program which updates your License.
If you go to your My Steinberg account is your Cubase registered in the box under the three red buttons. I sounds like you are already registered.

Hi dubiya,
I did wonder whether it was a general news feed but was worried in case it was showing as it didn’t recognise full programme, It does open ok and is registered to me so hopefully it will all work.
Thanks Steve