Just copy Key Commands.xml from
~/Library/Preferences/Cubase7/Key Commands.xml
to
~/Library/Preferences/Cubase8/Key Commands.xml

You might need to unhide the Library folder:
Mavericks and Yosemite

I’m on PC…

I haven’t used Cubase on a PC, but this page should help:
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-and-nuendo-program-preferences-files-in-detail.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[keyword_search]=Settings

After copying the Key Commands.xml file, you may need to load your previously saved key commands preset in Cubase.

See page 1001 in the Cubase 8 Pro manual.

I’ve located the .xml file ! BUT I COULD NOT LOADED INTO CUBASE 8, as c8 requires .key file…

Sorry - I think I got it wrong. The import option is not needed.
When I installed Cubase Pro 8, I copied the Key Commands.xml files from an earlier version of Cubase. When I ran Cubase 8, my saved preset names were already available in the Presets drop-down list. I didn’t have to import them.

I think .key files were used in much earlier versions of Cubase. See the first few posts here:

Solved!!!

1 Like

Hello fellow musicians

if you are on a mac and can’t find it, remember to do this:
in FINDER go to GO (in the menu) but while holding the ALT option pressed

this last part so crucial or you won’t see the file show up and probably you did a search on its name and couldn’t find it (like I did) don’t waste your time, do the above:
in finder hold first your option (also names ALT key pressed)

then navigate to

PREFERENCES (keep option key pressed at all times)
CUBASE 11
PRESETS
KEYCOMMANDS

voila, there you are, copy paste your precious xml file,
or do as I do drag it into a mail to yourself and your safe for importing them

hope this helps, I write this because I learned so much from other kind people here so if you ever solve an issue, take time to post it here, we all can help each other to save more time to compose music instead of doing technical troubleshooting :slight_smile:

cheers!

:raised_hands: THANKS!

Tried on the Cubase 13 in windows but it seems to experiment some conflict with the Profile Manager. When it tries to load my profile file (from profile manager) it appears to fail (no error message, just loads cubase with no preferences, no command keys, no presets loaded, and not even avaliable on the presets lists). Even with the file itself pasted on the folder of the preferences (i’ve even reinstalled cubased from scratch in vain)

Tried to set a new profile, and at some point the same starts to happen for no reason (i believe some configuration on the profile fails to load preventing the daw to load anything). I endup with no key commands, no preferences preset, and without my presets of the layout.
If someone knows how to solve i would be eternally greatful
It’s so frustrating