Where is my plugin?

I just downloaded and installed Waves “OneKnob Wetter” plugin, but I can’t find it in Nuendo. It doesn’t appear in the list of available plugins when I try to use it as an insert. I found the file “okwetter.dll” in a “Waves” folder created by the install, and copied it into my “vstplugins” folder, but still don’t see it. Am I doing something wrong, or did Nuendo just hide it somewhere?

Thanks,
~kyle

If you have the VST3 version check the “Reverb” plug-in category.

And… if you’re using 64bit nuendo, you won’t see it

If you have the VST3 version check the “Reverb” plug-in category.

Nope, it’s not there…

And… if you’re using 64bit nuendo, you won’t see it

Really? why not? I’m still using 32-bit, but with everything going 64-bit I would have assumed a big name like Waves would support it.

Anyway, should I try reinstalling? I’ve got 3 Waves plugins (RBass, RAxx, and OneKnob Wetter), which I only bought because they were on sale ($19 each I think). Otherwise, all the Waves stuff seems a bit overpriced to me. Plus, I find their online store very difficult to navigate, the installation process is a major pain, and then there’s the crazy iLok licensing… HOWEVER, both the RBass and RAxx plugins work fine (though I had to look for them too).

It would be nice if Waves would document where the plugins would show up in the list. Maybe it’s intuitive to you younger guys, I’m an older guy trying to keep up.

AND, I’m sure this has been addressed somewhere, but I can’t seem to find it. How does Nuendo 5 determine how the plugin list is structured? (I recently upgraded from N2, and am still learning my way around - I used to be able to organize plugins however I wanted by simply creating folders under the ‘vstplugins’ directory, but this no longer works consistently. Maybe has something to do with differences between VST, VST2 & VST3, which I know nothing at all about)

If I hadn’t left so many brain cells behind in the 70s this might be easier…

The “Wetter” plug-in shows up in the “Other” category for me, so I would be fairly certain that is where you will find it. If not, I would check to see that it wasn’t blacklisted in the preference file.

Thanks, I’ll check that as soon as it’s done reinstalling (takes a long time on my computer, about 45 minutes).

Okay, now there it is, in the “Other” folder. I’m SURE it wasn’t there before, the reinstall must’ve fixed it.

Now, can anybody point me to some info about how Nuendo arranges plugins? (eg, why does “Wetter” show up under “Other” rather than “Reverb”, and can I change this?)

Oh, and another thing I’ve noticed. Some plugins display “///” in front of them - does this mean they’re VST3?

Thanks,
~kyle

I think you can re-arrange the VST2 plugins by rearranging the .dll’s in the appropriate folders.
This is not possible for VST3 plugins, since it is up to the manufacturer to decide where the plugin shows up.
So, “dynamics” should show up in “dynamics”, etc …

Oh, and another thing I’ve noticed. Some plugins display “///” in front of them - does this mean they’re VST3?

Yes, the ones with /// are the vst3 plugins.

Fredo

thanks Fredo!

Wetter is definitely showing under “Reverb” category for me (on an older version it used to be in Other).

Waves DLLs should reside in the Waves plug-in folder and then Nuendo finds these by way of the Waveshell which is located in either the Common Files VST3 folder or whatever VST2 folder you have specified.