Where is VST Bridge?

Hi,

I’m new to the world of Cubase Artist 6. I’m running a new install of Windows 7 64bit & Cubase Artist 6 64bit & I’m having problems with Cubase not seeing 32bit plugins when I install them.

I’ve heard people mentioning there’s a VST Bridge tool to help get some of the older plugins working… But I can’t for the life of me work out where it is. I’ve tried a search on the forum, but nothing jumped out at me (sorry if it’s been asked before).

Thanks,

Simon

Hi, have you tried this:

Hello Psy,

The VST Bridge is invisible, it is not a window somewhere inside the program.
As it is mentioned on the link dirkpiano shared, you simply have to copy your plug-ins into the 64-bit folder (in windows). :slight_smile:

Hi,
To make 32bit VST’s appear in Cubase 64bit you can go about like this:
In your 64bit version of Cubase click on “Devices–> VST Plugins–> Plug In Information” and then on the “VST 2.x Plug- in Paths” button. Now click on add to add paths as VST scan directory.

Add the following path “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins” and if present on the HD “C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins”. Also add any other 32bit VST folder that you are aware of. Don’t mix VST folders up with the program folders of the respective plugins.

Avoid copying folders from "C:\Program Files (x86)" to "C:\Program Files" or vice versa to maintain a strict parting of 64bit and 32bit software on your system.

This is how to correctly install plugins. Pay special attention to the “For 64 bit operating systems” part :
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/where-are-the-vst2-plug-ins-stored-on-windows/

Gr,
JHP

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help, I’ll try your suggestions when I get on my PC tonight. It’s good to know I wasn’t going blind & just not seeing a ‘VST Bridge’ button. :laughing:

thanks, I completely understand this now. +1000 read this