Where to buy 1-1/2" black tubing for edrum rack?

Some years back I was able to find & buy anodized black 1-1/2" tubing for my Yamaha edrum set. It matched the original tubing perfectly, in size & and in color. I purchased two 5 foot long tubes so I could extend my rack system upwards. Last year I wanted to find one more 5 foot long tube, and searched for quite a while on line & couldn’t find any lengths like this, that were anodized black. No, they were NOT official Yamaha tubes!

I have no clue who & where I purchased this from, all I remember I bought it on-line…or was it by phone?..either way it was shipped to me. It could have been a music retailer? I think I MAY have called around to various music retailers that would sell edrum kits.

For now, what I’m doing it ‘stacking’ vertically, one longer Yamaha tube on top of one shorter Yamaha tube (originals from DTXpress racks) and using a “T” coupling to join them. This T coupling has a tube extending to the left as well. It’s actually holding up very well & stable now, but I’d prefer to use one single long lenth like I have on two other sections.

I recall using my original Yamaha DTXPress kit as it came, and when jamming the rack would jiggle like crazy! Joining a few DTXpress kits, and rack parts together, along with my two vertical 5 foot tubes at center area’s left/right, it doesn’t budge a bit!

Anyone have a clue where to buy anodized black 1-1/2" tubing in long lenths?

https://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?id=71&step=2

Thanks swamp, but I like some other sites I saw before, I don’t see anything on there that say’s anodized black on here either. Lot’s of choices of sizes though!

You’re looking for 1.5 inch tubing. Standard rack diameter. Colour? Don’t know but you could try Thomanns. They do sell several sizes of rack tubes. They might have black for their Millennium brand. They might even have lengths of fibreglass or carbon fibre tubes in black. Would chrome really be a no-no?

Here it what you are looking for…
http://pintechworld.com/shop/pintech-rubber-hoop-rim-trim/

Hmmm…yes, I want/need them to be anodized black. Thanks but I don’t think any of those seem to be exactly what I’m looking for. However, I just found this…

They have 10 ft & 20 ft lengths, but I don’t ‘want’ to have to cut them myself into 5 ft lengths…though I guess I ‘could’ with my pipe cutter wheel thing, though sometimes it starts to get ‘off’ going in a spiral as I cut. I’ll have to contact them to see if they’ll sell me a 5 ft length.

I was wondering exactly what the pipe specs is for the original Yamaha DTXpress tubing was. The two 5 foot anodized black 1-1/2" tubing I bought some years back was identical in every way to Yamaha tubes. I ‘believe’ the specs were/are 6061-T6 Aluminum alloy :bulb:

Last year on ebay I had purchased like 20 plastic tube end caps, which look very similar to the original Yamaha one’s, fit well, and have come in handy as I need them :ugeek:

And I was just thinking…I believe I may have contacted some drum site called ‘something like’ “dumblala.com”???

I was wondering exactly what the pipe specs is for the original Yamaha DTXpress tubing was. The two 5 foot anodized black 1-1/2" tubing I bought some years back was identical in every way to Yamaha tubes. I ‘believe’ the specs were/are 6061-T6 Aluminum alloy > :bulb: >

Definitely lighter than the small Gibraltar tubes my mate used to build his Koby kits.

As far as I can tell at least, the 6061-T6 Aluminum tubes seem to be the standard for structural support :confused:

In the case for me, this extra 5 foot aluminum tube I want to add to my kit will be positioned vertically, and have other rack tubes coming from it at right 90 degree angles at various points…those tubes are also supported at the other ends, all serve to reinforce each other.

My extensive edrum rack looks similar to an Erector Set :slight_smile: