Which changes in the Full Score do NOT carry over automatically to the Parts (and vice-versa?)

I know this has been discussed but I’m suddenly getting paranoid about missing something with my first big orchestral assignment coming up that I plan to do entirely in Dorico with an instrumentation of this size, and with tight deadlines. I also know that Daniel has talked about making more explicit which changes I make to something in a Full Score are automatically similarly updated in the Parts (and vice-versa), and also that we’ve discussed certain use cases (some of which I’m forgetting/can’t find!) in the Forums covering situations in which one might normally expect a change made in one to occur in the other, but which hasn’t actually been the case at present. So I thought that perhaps it might be useful just to list the things that DON’T automatically update from Full Score to Parts (and vice-versa) here (just as a suggestion), at least until the functionality gets a bit more utterly predictable (a la Sibelius’ “color-coded” system with Dynamic Parts, etc.) Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions in advance -

• D.D.

Here’s some info on the upcoming update that you may find useful: "Focus on staves" and som other minor issues... - #2 by dspreadbury - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Thanks! Didn’t catch that. Daniel writes (related to my initial post, above):

“In the longer term we have plans to address this by providing a means for you to specify in advance what the scope of the property edits you make should be. In the short term, the forthcoming update will provide a new command (to which you can assign a shortcut) that will propagate the properties for one or more selected items from the layout you’re currently working on to all other layouts in which that item appears. It’s sort of a sticking plaster rather than the ideal solution, but I think it will be useful all the same.”

I’m presuming that this “short term” fix Daniel says will be added will mean I could conceivably select everything at once in one or the other of the Score or Parts Layout and say “propagate these properties to the other layouts”, etc.? This sounds like it would work (though this deadline I have will most likely occur before the update so am still a bit paranoid about missing something in the meantime, admittedly)…

Best -

• D.D.

Yes, that’s correct.

This sounds like it would work (though this deadline I have will most likely occur before the update so am still a bit paranoid about missing something in the meantime, admittedly)…

Unless you have to finish that orchestration within a few days the update should arrive in time for you. I think it’s planned for the next one or two weeks.

This might be cutting it close but fingers crossed…I’ll hold off on manually tweaking things like beatmapped multiple, imported metronome marks (that need presently to be filtered and hidden for each separate layout part) until the last possible minute! :slight_smile:

• D.D.