which (fanless) video card for C7.5 ?

Hello,

I have a Radeon HD5450 but sometime I have crashes (Stackhash.dll).

Which video card as replacement would you suggest as long as without fan?

Many thanks

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=209

Please moderator, is it possible to move this post to hardware section?

Thanks

I’m using a Club 3D HD 7750 rQ. Works perfectly with my configuration, see sig.

What’s better for cubase, Geforce or Radeon?

I’ve run geforce and radeon and seen no real difference in cubase – and I do a lot of video work.

I’m currently using an HD 6450 (specifically a Sapphire Flex AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 2DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card 100322FLEX). I got this card to a replace a big, fancy geforce card because I wanted to go fanless.

My OS is Windows 8.1 on a core i7 machine with 16 GB. I’m running a 3-monitor system. 2 monitors are powered by the 6450 and the other is powered by my integrated graphics adapter (some intel chipset). I generally have the project window full-screen on the center monitor, a mixer full-screen on the right, and video, transport, markers, meters, etc. on the left. The right-side monitor is driven by the integrated adapter.

I’m not at my workstation right now, but as I recall, running the cubase video player on the intel-driven monitor produced very poor results, but video and everything else generally works great on the HD 6450-powered monitors. I really haven’t experienced any problems to speak of whether running with lots of audio stuff or running with video playback of any size.

Of note: On this system video in cubase works MUCH, MUCH better than video in PT11 in terms of performance and lag. If you need to run both then I recommend getting a card that can compensate for Avid’s problems.

I recently replaced my Geforce 9500 with this - ASUS GeForce GT 630 Video Card GT630-SL-2GD3-L - Newegg.com and have been super pleased. Good performance, inexpensive, runs very cool and should use less bandwidth on the PCIe bus (it is an 8-lane card).

I’ve heard that Geforce is better if you use Waves plug-ins (which I do).