Which of the "New Features" is of most use to you?

Export multiple files sync with track selection from arrangement.
I was really waiting for it and actually had asked a way to do it a few months ago to Greg on one of his hangouts and he tried with PLE but failed and he sure did know then that this was in 11 :slight_smile:

But in general not the features I was expecting and not interested in the new plugins.
I was hoping for more faster and simpler workflow features with GUI and UX optimization and bug fixes.

The fact the Cycle Markers legs extend all the way down the project now is worth $100 for me. So everything else is super fantastic, very greatful

Export is so awesome - people donā€™t realize that something like this is also a creative thing, because you can commit to direction in export, and still give yourself lots of options.

Major workflow enhancer is Global Tracks in MIDI editor.

ARA improvements are ++++++++++++ significant

So far Metal is the best part. And it seem to be of better quality that last years disaster. I have only found on new annoying bug.
First impression is ā€œno way that I go back to 10.5.20ā€, let see how long that lastā€¦

:confused:
Whatā€™s that?

Hopefully Squasher.

Most of these are great features for a person starting from scratch. Most seasoned DAW users have third party alternatives for most of the major new features. They would have been great five or ten years ago! I would much rather they focused on bug fixing and stability. In that case pretty much only the pitch bend enhancements will make a huge difference to me unless I start ditching my favourite, say, dynamic compressor and use Frequency2 instead. All those new meters are useful - but why still no gain metering for a plugin slot to give us a chance of spotting inter-slot gain-stage issues quickly? Iā€™ll still be using PSP Triplemeter because it allows gain changes to trim things while youā€™re monitoring, similarly SuperVision needs a switchable +/- gain control before Iā€™d use it over my third party equivalent.

The pinnable global tracks are good - why still only one chord track? We need multiple chord tracks that are assignable to individual instruments, plus a (the current) global one.

Samplertrack v2 and the global track are reallly usefull, also the scaler bigup!

Very pleased with the PitchBend and CC Curve automation in the Editor, made the update worth it in itself. Whilst drawing the CCs in manually was never a hassle in Cubase, itā€™s nice to have these adjustable curves to you can easily tweak crescendos whilst looping for sample libraries without having to manually redraw the CC data every time.

The blocking of screensaver does not work.

When I eventually get to it, the JobQueue and Sampler Track2 will get used every day; Global Tracks in Key Editor is going to be nice; the metering on my second monitor will get some use (might be very distracting though). Will wait and see what Squasher/Imager plugs bring; Iā€™m covered for dynamic EQ (TDR, WAVES and ToneBoosters). Better ARA2.0 means it could get more use (I have Melodyne and SpectraLayers Elements).

Yep, it is probably a great update for hobbyists.

Do you know what? When I saw the new features of the update, I wasnā€™t blown away, or expecting fireworks, but I updated anyway.
Iā€™ve been playing with Cubase 11 this morning and the thing thatā€™s really impressed me is the new ā€˜Supervisionā€™ plug. Itā€™s amazing.
The best broadcast, monitoring plug Iā€™ve ever seen or used.
The update was worth it for that alone. (I like the new markers too).

I am currently running freq eq 2, squasher, all the analyzer stuff, messing with the scale thing, and enjoying how it feels faster.

Love the snap to scale in the midi editor, the new features in Sample Track and the pitch bend bezier curve in the midi editor. Good stuff.
Also itā€™s a little more snappy on Mac.

The way it it works with melodyne 5.1 has made this worth it for me But is that down to steinberg or melodyne?

ā€œPitchbend and Controller Editing Improvementsā€ for sure! Finally!

Havenā€™t bought it yet though. May wait to see if the MIDI controller update is any goodā€¦ Also, waiting for a fix for the broken backup function that doesnā€™t include samples used in sampler trackā€¦

Iā€™m really loving Squasher too, had more time to play with it tonight and itā€™s great at absolutely smashing things! I also love Distroyer (which was new to me since Iā€™m upgrading from 9.5).

I have only just dipped my toes into C11 but my first interesting reaction was to the new Studio Setup window and the Audio Performance meter. it seems to be less jittery, but that might be my imagination. Comparing the movement of the meter. This is much more informative and helpful. It is interesting to see how much work the Asioguard is doing.

Squasher on a parallel drum track sounds interesting.

Hasnā€™t been much time for me to really get into things but so far Iā€™m very happy about the Scale Assistant in the Key Editor and the improvements of the sampler track.

Well I am easily pleased, and there is a lot to like .Just a whole bunch of great features and improvements waiting to be explored :smiley:

But my favourites are :smiley:

Scale Assistant; Sampler Track Improvements; Job Queue Management; Global tracks in the Key Editor; Pitchbend and Controller Editing Improvements