Which one to choose - H6 or HS3 ...

I currently have Halion5 and Halion Sonic 2.

The big difference I see, other than the bells and whistles, is that H6 is meant for those who like to create their own instruments, and it seems to provide a wealth of resources to make that happen, while HS3 has more presets.

Since the upgrade cost is the same for each, I’ll throw out the question: which one would be a better choice. Bear in mind that I rarely create instruments from scratch. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Well Sonic 3 is included in the Halion 6 upgrade, so seeing as you already have Halion 5, I would go for Halion 6.

Nothing to lose.

nope!
HS3 has around 200 presets less than HALion6

Well Sonic 3 is included in the Halion 6 upgrade, so seeing as you already have Halion 5, I would go for Halion 6.

Yes upgrade from HALion 5 to 6 and you got HALion Sonic 3 for free…

As promised, I did the upgrade to H6, and I am definitely pleased with the layout as well as the instruments available for use and/or modification. Great work, Steinberg!

And thanks to those Cubasers out there who provide the information needed almost at breakneck speed. Got a question? Ask it - you’ll be pleasantly surprised! :smiley: