Which time-streching algorithm do you use in Cubase?

Just wondering which of Cubase’s time-stretching algorithms do you use/prefer/like when doing Vari-audio work. Also wondering why, when flattening audio, I sometimes get an option to use any of the available algorithms and sometimes it only shows ‘real time’ as the available choice? Anyone?.. Plus I’ve noticed when flattening a part where I did some time stretching with the free-hit point function (whatever it is called) The flattened audio would not be the same length as it was before flattening. Had to do a track export to get it to be right. Has anyone else seen this behavior. Thank heavens I have Melodyne to do most of my pitch and time edits, but would love to not have to do all the importing/exporting of audio all the time.

Your second point…

From the manual.

“This dialog will not be opened when the time stretching
factor is outside the range of 0.5 and 2 or when you introduced
VariAudio pitch modifications. In these cases the
Realtime algorithm will be used.”

I try not to use variaudio if possble as Steiny’s time stretch really is ABYSMAL!!!
Cakewalk 8 had better time stretch and that was way waaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2000/1ish…
VA is ok(ish) on things like vocals, some solo guitar and other solo monophonic instruments but its range is highly limited. It WILL NOT track the upper range of a trumpet or the lower end of even a four string bass guitar, or at least a quality bass guitar which is harmonically rich.
Initially i was quite impressed with VA but i do find it’s a bit hit and miss, when it’s good it’s good but when it’s bad… OH DEAR!!!
If you have melodyne stick with that.

Elastic Audio on 6!!! Nice. :slight_smile: