Some suggestions arose, when engraving a complex piece for a solo instrument that I decide to write with Dorico, taking into account the already known limitations because of its youth.
The results are really good. Quite complicated to share something for copyright reasons, but I have some hope!
Here some suggestions, hoping to not replicate topics clearly known:
- The placement of the articulations for grace notes is fixed so it can’t be inverted. Quite strange not having the related property (placement) as for the normal notes
- the zero ‘dal niente’ symbol is really small. It should great to have a property to change its size.
- superscript/subscript and other text option for tempo/dynamic text (e.g. the text Mouvt - last ‘t’ superscript – used by Debussy is impossible to realize).
- Background color for dynamics and, in general, for all the categories where text is involved.
- possibility to tie a normal note to a grace note
- A property to manage the collision avoidance for text items
Thanks for taking them into consideration.