While exporting a mixdown a pop up said “Sorry, timed out” then CB crashed?

Okay, thanks.

Can you mute the Chords track (by clicking the M button yellow) and check if the mixdown export works then?

Can you please post a screenshot from that one track? The screenshot should show the same area as my screenshot above.

It’s going to take until tomorrow because my computer is upgrading to the next operating system and says it won’t be ready for another 18 hours! Unbelievable!

Ok, here is the screenshot.

Also, I just downloaded And I’m using Cubase 12 now.

Since you upgraded OS and Cubase could you just start at the very beginning again and try to export the project?

Regarding your question on how to enable the option to Follow the Chord track (and therefore get the blue lit button): On my Cubase 12 this is enabled for selection as soon as I have a part on the Instrument Track.

Hi Johnny,
I tried to do a mix down again but it failed both in a regular mix down and a real time mix down. It says sorry, a time out occurred during real time audio export. The interesting thing is that when I remove the icon chords from the beginning middle and end section and only keep the chords in section B it does mixed down just fine. I know it shouldn’t matter how many chords you have but somethings going on and we don’t know what it is yet.

I tried something different. I deleted the chord track altogether. Then I re-created it and then I created chord events again and Eureka this time it worked! There must’ve been a little gremlin in that other cord track L O L! It seems to be working now so let’s just keep our fingers crossed. I appreciate all your incredible patience and helpfulness!

1 Like

Glad to hear that you found a solution. I am not surprised at the solution though, as it is a very rare error message, ie. it happens only in a very specific case (of unbeknownst origin).

If you don’t mind I would still like to ask something. This is not trouble shooting but maybe optimizing your understanding and workflow.
You mentioned that you have tracks that follow the chord tracks, yet there does not seem to be a single track that actually follows the chord track in the way I showed with the screenshot (settings in Inspector/Chords/Follow Chord Track). So I assume you have empty tracks (no parts, no events) and let the chord track send its data directly through the monitoring function.
grafik

Is that the case?

If so you could select the tracks that should use the chord track and then click the function
Project → Chord Track → Chords to MIDI

On the selected tracks you will then see the chords. Furthermore the Chords section in the Inspector will be activated and ready to use.

Yes, this is the method that I have been using. I selected “use monitored tracks “ and that way I could use more than one track for following the chord track. Thank you so much for this information. I have learned a lot from you. I really appreciate your feedback!

1 Like