White bars surrounding black playhead disappear

I’ve seen a few similar issues like this Cubase Pro 10.0.10 Timeline cursor disappears - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

But that solution doesn’t solve my problem, nor do I believe it’s the same issue I am having.

Pic: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

As you might be able to see, there’s a little black line between the two blue arrows. Normally this line has two white lines around it. Occasionally those two lines disappear and I can’t see the playhead’s position.

It should normally look like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Is there a fix to this?

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

I mean I suppose but, I literally just reset all of my preferences and just installed 10.5 two days ago because Windows update trashed my AppData folder, which is why I upgraded to 10.5 in the first place. The only settings I have now are some key commands and the colors.

This issue has been happening ever since the upgrade, however it’s not a consistent thing. It only occurs every once in a while, meaning I would have to use the software without my preferences (aka key commands) for a while.

Hi,

After the preferences reset, you can copy the Key Commands.xml file back from your old preferences folder to the new one to don’t lose your key commands.

Ok. Going to try to figure out how to reproduce the issue first so I’m not just swinging blindly after resetting hoping it occurs. Will report back when/if I figure something out.

Sorry for the very late response but I’ve recently completely deleted my settings after a whole bunch of other problems and this issue is still occurring.

Hi,

Did you make the preferences reset, please?

What graphic card do you have, please?