white noise glitch

Hi,

I used the Back up project function in Cubase 7.0.5. Now I get white noise and poping emerging from one of the audio tracks during playback. I checked the audio folder and the original file seems to be in fine working order, its only cubase that is causing the explosive white noise on this particular track. there are no active plug ins on it. any ideas?

Not really an idea but I’ve had such anomalies as well in previous Cubase versions. Very rarely but…

Try this: create a new audio track, copy the settings (don’t forget sends + routings) from the white noise emitting track and pull the events there. Delete the original track. This has often fixed the problems. Must be an internal glitch.

If this doesn’t help, you could also select all tracks, fx channels + busses and save as a track archieve. Then reimport them into a brand new project (routings and stuff will be maintained). You just have to set your tempo/tempo track manually.

i ended up re-exporting. i guess it worked this time. odd. might have been a setting I chose when exporting.

having this problem again but this time its while recording audio. the recorded audio is fine but tracks randomly emit loud white noise and distortion glitches. the only tracks in the project are an mp3 file and some mono audio tracks.

having this problem again but this time its while recording audio. the recorded audio is fine but tracks randomly emit loud white noise and distortion glitches. the only tracks in the project are an mp3 file and some mono audio tracks. cubase is also crashing when i stop recording sometimes

cubase is crashing consistently after recording a minute long take stopping and starting playback again