Who is interested in 8.5 update ?

$62 in Canadian funds.

I’ve got one life to live, so if I want a new toy I buy it! :wink: God will give the day, God will give us food. :slight_smile:

I agree, that’s why I’m installing 8.5 at the moment!

I think 12/13 is more like it:

I wouldn’t hold your breath for any improvement in the score editor. I’ve been using it on PC for nearly 20 years, and it’s not improved significantly (i.e. to Sibelius levels of quality) at all in that time. The much-trumpeted revamp a few versions ago left me cold, and it’s still light years behind Sibelius. And I say that as someone who has used Cubase since the early 90s, and found Sibelius’ workflow difficult to get used to.

So among the new features, [some of which are fairly neat], I don’t actually see a reason for me to update to this version, which I was otherwise actually quite looking forward to.

I never use any loops [call me old fashion but I still and always will play all my parts out on actual instruments]; I never use the Media Bay; I have yet to even try Retrologue 1, let alone have any need for version 2; I never import tracks, nor upload anything to a cloud.

I don’t collaborate at a distance with anyone, and yet the VST Connect in 8.0.30 was something I had yet to use, but looked sufficient as is.

The other short cuts and menu enhancements are fine, but whether I click the ‘new way’ here a couple of times or the ‘old way’ there a couple of times really doesn’t matter to me and hence doesn’t change anything from my current perspective.

I never use punch in or out either, nor the chord tracks or pads, since I’m a piano player first and foremost, so no troubles with chords, progressions and ideas for me there.

But I can see how these things would be a benefit to others, particularly those who do use loops and pre-recorded samples, etc. and hope that many will utilize these new improvements.

Just none of them jump off the page at me right now - but that’s just me.

8.0.30 is running very nicely, and I don’t want to ‘wake the giant’ so I’m just gonna leave it as is and see if 9.0 brings anything I like.

But I may stay just at 8.0.30 and get off the upgrade treadmill once and for all, which I also used to do with Cakewalk-Sonar and Presonus-Studio One before I switched to Cubase.

I’m content with 8.0.30 even though I don’t use many of the features awaiting me to explore.

Meanwhile, I’ll take my $50, and put it into Sean Costello’s new ‘Plate verb’ instead, which has received some really nice feedback.

I come from the same perspective, and record live or record my midi performances, no use for media bay loops or chord tools, or SB synth vst, nor cloud, all of these are for the hobbiest for the most part, which I imagine is the majority audience. but the midi improvements look good.

And with this release the focus does lean towards workflow which is a plus.

My only beef is the general instability with 8x, and the performance inefficiencies. As a result I am stuck on 8.10. 8.30 causes BSOD.

So I might gamble .5 …still deciding.

Di you not notice the custom chord symbols now available? See Preferences>Event Display>Chords.

One BIG workflow enhancement for me would be ARA like in Studio One, Sonar, Tracktion, but sadly it is still not added.

I’ll wait for C9 and see if I’m still interested in Cubase then.

I am very interested downloading it now. It looks amazing coming from 7.5 - Pro 8- :smiley: Liking Retrologue 2 :sunglasses: