Why 7.5 and 7.5.1 is not called beta?

I agree except “in their eyes” part. Or in another post where you wrote the “ideals” thing.

I want it to work as stated in the Cubase pdf no more no less. Is that asking too much?

I think the instrument tracks mute bug, where it lights up in the project page but not the mix console page, or the other way around, should have been caught and fixed before release. Solo/mutes are pretty important. Someone said it has been fixed in the next release. That is good news. Now on to many other issues that hopefully will be fixed…many of which I think should have been addressed initially. Whether or not they are “show-stoppers” really depends on the user. I bet some users don’t even use mute/solo. :smiley: This program can be used in so many different ways at many different levels. For someone to proclaim it isn’t a show-stopper and then list all the “work-arounds” might be just fine for them…but perhaps not fine for someone else when it’s stated in the manual that the function should work.

Bjones306: Thank you for your suggestions. You are working with workspaces which last time I checked I had issues with them being recalled correctly. Related to that were zoom/GUI problems. But I haven’t checked with the latest release. Have all workspace problems been corrected? Anyone else know if workspaces are being saved or recalled correctly?

If you have 1 screen dedicated to the mix console, why not just span the shell over the other 2 monitors since you can choose to have the full screen go to the 3rd by itself outside the Cubase shell. Even though I have 4 monitors with 2 monitors dedicated to full screen mix consoles, I only stretch the shell over 2 monitors…that way the drop-down menus are visible. In full screen mode the mix consoles will hide the menus at the top.

I don’t consider key command/focus problems as they relate to the full screen mix console, or the known mute bug as “petty.” I have an i7 16megs 64 bit Windows running 64 bit Cubase latest version, built by Audio Labs, and have used Cubase as my main DAW since 1998. And us “petty” guys could be die-hard Cubase fans who are passionate and want to make it better. Trolls and Fan-Boys will always exist here. While I’m far from the knowledgeable contributors here such as Steve In Chicago or JM Ciecil, I feel I’m fairly grounded in Cubase, but I’m always looking for that tip what will improve workflow. As said…right now for me workflow is well behind Cubase 6.5.

I personally don’t have any issues related to workspaces. I only use 4 global workspaces and maybe a project related workspace occasionally. I would need to know which zoom/gui related problems you were referring to to address them directly though. In my situation I use 3 24’’ monitors and workspaces to swap focus from mixer, to trackview, to vsti rack on the center monitor. As well as one setting spanning the mixer across all three monitors. When only one screen is dedicated to the mixer it’s set to full screen, where as when it’s spanned it can’t be unfortunately, so it’s just maximized within the shell. But yes, there is no reason to have the shell spanned across the third monitor when the mixer is dedicated to said monitor. I just have the shell maximized across all three by default and it was that way when I made the workspaces. When I fullscreen the mixer on the center monitor it would cause problems not to have the shell across all three as I need to place things on the outside left and right(hope that made sense).

As for a “show stopper”, I would think this would refer to a function that would break the software, would completely stop someone from getting a project done, or slow them to such a crawl that it makes the software unusable. So far, I have yet to see one of those listed and as there are plenty of professional users cooking along just fine on 7.5 I would guess we are pretty “show stopper” free at the moment. As far as workflow and time consumption goes, anything I personally may have lost from 6.5 has been compensated for tenfold with how fast I can navigate the new mixer. As I said before, I just really don’t see any complaints of this software being called beta being remotely founded if ya know what I mean? And in some cases the points mentioned are downright petty or troll baiting. Hence my bone to pick with the title of the post.

I personally do have a “show stopper” with 7.5 and the video engine. For now, if I have a project that involves video, I am forced to use 6.5. Unfortunately it keeps me from using the new mixer for those projects :cry: But as I don’t see this as being a widespread issue, I have created a post on the forum and taken it up with support to see what computer specific problems may be causing the issue. I don’t however run off posting how cubase 7 should be referred to as beta :wink:

Probably got missed cause it is likely not happening on everyone’s system.
Mute/Solo of Instrument tracks is working correctly here, everything is showing correctly in the Mixer/Project windows.
I have both windows open at the same time, dual monitors.

Agreed, I don’t personally have this problem either. All instrument tracks muted in the project window show as muted in the mixer and vice versa. All instrument tracks show as solo in both when activated as well as the solo defeat working on them as well… Not sure what the problem is there, unless it’s like you said, a computer specific issue.

if the problems are listed on the new update bug fixes list is because they exist and will be solved now.
Maybe i wasn’t lucky with my system which is OSx Lion running cubase 32 bit. I felt many of the solo(mute bugs) in instruments and folder and also many others bugs which i consider not so big issues. Anyway this is an experience that i had and i think i’ll never update so early again seduced by the new features.

Maybe an OSX specific issue? Who knows. Hopefully the next update will take care of it for you. I don’t see any evidence of it on the windows version. Same with the folder issue as well.

good for you :slight_smile: Thumbs up!

It’s working flawlessly for me just like Hardware… I haven’t had to deal with any issues as mentioned in the update. Applications are never perfect, even apple releases updates. Even my hardware synths had issues…
Cubase 7.5 is getting the job done :smiley:

You can’t possibly be telling the truth now, can you :wink:

I think it was tested a few weeks back and involves group tracks. I forget if it’s the whole group or just the individual tracks within the group. Just to clarify.

Look at it this way, had SB waited for testing on a more broad array of equipment and machines, we would not have had access to the program as soon, update and release cycles would be two yearly, or the price would be at least double.

Seriously not one issue it’s perfect. No issue with mute bug and other issues that others user have. Keep in mind that I have a clean system with the most recent drivers. As for my comment on hardware synths, I did experience crashes with Ensoniq ASR 10 and my Yamaha AN 200 and DX 200. They were rare, but if I did something… They would crash

Quite. You have to decide when to stop polishing before one decides something is clean enough. I see these posts as someone definitely looking for problems that are either not there or irrelevant.
They also show that there’s obviously not that much wrong with Cubase at the moment if this is all that can be pointed to. I’d say this is one of the least buggy programs on the planet at the moment.
The mute bug is mildly annoying but fixable with an extra button push and muting groups is not something one does thousands of times a day. Well, somebody might… somewhere.

you seem to be paranoid about problems and agendas, when the OP which is me is just having basic issues on his workflow and so manifest an opinion and a legit question because i know how Cubase is working on his computer and does not know how it works on the others. And for me i feel it beta, hopefully in ±10 days this issues will be gone. Pitty i had to wait so long.

[/quote]

I think you didn’t read all my posts. Anyway i hope in 7.5.2 will be working has i expected 4 months ago.[/quote]

Probably yes, but who brought cubase last year realease 7.0 will never receive a cubase working version has expected, because if they want cubase works as they expected they need to buy 7.5.20 right? This is why I will stay on cubase 6.5.5 until 8.5 version will be release, and why? Because I’ve finally got Cubase 6.5.5 working as expected (almost not completely) only after the 7.0.5 release if I remember well, after 1y and half after C6 was released. Then people with Cubase 7 will never use Cubase as expected until 8.0.5 will come out.

Steinberg leader? mmmmmmm :confused:

I’m not a beta tester. And of course I’m not a troll, this post is stupid and will be deleted from Steinberg soon. :laughing:

For MOST of us, 7.5 works just fine… For MOST of us 6.5 was probably the best release of cubase ever and took no tweaking at all. Again, for the majority of the user base, it hasn’t been the unpleasant experience you describe. This is pretty much what a software company is looking to do with any major release, please the majority of it’s user base.

Now I would ask you… Have you gone to the trouble to post all of your problems and try to work through them with other users on the forums? Have you put in a proper trouble ticket and worked through your issues with Stienberg directly? Have you ruled out that your issues aren’t related to hardware or 3rd party software? If you have done all of the above, then my apologies and I would stick with an older version… if not…just complaining gets you nowhere fast.

Beta tester. What an exaggeration.
Thousands of function, button presses and clicks that all work perfectly and you make a big deal over a few things that Steinberg have admitted need fixing.
I work Cubase every day in a commercial studio and I didn’t notice these problems until I read the fix list from Helge.

Also come on the upgrade was 49 euros, I would have paid that for the new groove agent alone.
You can run the different Cubase versions side by side on the same computer so if you really do have a problem, just open that project in an earlier version. And yes I do use mutes and solos every day without issues.

As per Bill Gates in D5, different components will behave differently. Which may explain why some users are experiencing issues. Some people think they can build a computer and it will work perfectly with Cubase.
Also some users think they can have any plugin and Cubase will work perfectly, obviously its not the case.
which explains why some members are having issues and some are not.

I’m not saying that Cubase is perfect. My point is before you post a topic blaming Steinberg for your issues.
Take a good look at your computer system :slight_smile:

Not blaming just flaming :slight_smile:

Well i do find the mute bug and solo defeat bug are awful and timewaisting bugs which exist in different variations since cubase 7.06 and should of course been fixed since 7.5.1.

These bugs costs money cause the workarounds are really timewaisting on big projects.