For the last few months, Ive been building the Atmos room at our studio. Ive finally gotten far enough along to start playing music through the system while building.
I’ve setup several Dolby Atmos songs just to tinker and get the hang of it but this time I encountered a problem…
None of the tracks are available when I try to make them objects in the ADM Authoring window and, when I chose them as beds, the panner didnt switch.
This project is a song I already mixed from stereo stems for a client awhile back that I copied and cleared out all the plugins then setup for Atmos.
Did I forget to set something up thid time??
• Authoring window is open and all 33 tracks selected as beds.
• Stereo Out is deleted and replaced with a 7.1.4 Out and the renderer placed as an insert.
• All tracks panned C with no stereo or mono plugins on any tracks.
• No group, MIDI, or instrument busses.
A high-end 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos rig does me no good if I cant pan anywhere but L,C,R. What did I do wrong or forget to do?
• OS: Windows 10 Pro ×64
• Mobo: MSI X570 Gaming Plus
• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
• RAM: 64GB
• DAW: Nuendo 11 (up to date)
- Focusrite RedNet PCIeR
- Dante Virtual Soundcard (using this right now)
• AD-DA Converters:
- Lynx Aurora16 LT-Dante
- Focusrite Pro RedNet A16R
• Sound System:
- Avid/D.A.D. MTRX Studio w/M.O.M. remote
- 7.1.4 PMC monitor rig