Why cannot add more instrument tracks (greyed out)

Why cannot add more instrument tracks (greyed out) in my current project in Cubase LE13? I have only 4 instrument tracks but cannot add any more. Did I do something wrong?

First, LE and AI are separate products, so you should first figure out which one you have from ‘About’ under the Help menu.

Then you can use this chart to figure out what your version supports. It’s for Cubase 13 (don’t think they keep the previous versions around) but I think track count for the different levels probably hasn’t changed much in the last couple versions but can’t be sure.

Third, what is a possible way around your problem is to use rack instruments in addition to track instruments. You load a rack instrument then send data from a MIDI track to it. You can send multiple MIDI tracks to one instrument. This combined with using track instruments might get you enough MIDI and Instrument tracks to do what you need. After that your only option would be to upgrade to Elements (or higher).

1 Like

I’am sorry mine is Cubase LE 13. I opened new project can add so many instrument tracks. Just wonder why my current project just limit to add more instrument track?

Sorry - no idea. Maybe the project file got corrupted? Try creating a new project. Import the tracks you already have, then see if you can add more.

1 Like

Hi,

Could you please attach a screenshot?

Hi,

As mentioned above, there is a limit of 2 VST Instruments in Cubase LE, as you can see here.

1 Like

Oh I see. Thank you so much for your help.