Why can't I get playback to work?

So I have downloaded the included sound library, as well as Noteperformer. I haven’t yet been able to get a sound out of the latter, and rarely the former. When I do, the instruments that have sound are very limited (pretty much only keyboards and voice), though I have redownloaded the sound library sever times, so that wouldn’t be the problem. Is there something super obvious I missed?

Have you been using the playback templates or have you tried and get your hands dirty in the play mode settings? If the latter, I suggest you start sticking to the playback templates : any manual change overrides Dorico’s automatic abilities.

Hi Daniel,
did you not only download the 9GB sound installer package, but also did you run the installer for it? If you start the Steinberg Library Manager (gets installed along with Dorico), what libraries do get listed there? Also the HALion Symphonic Orchestra library?
Second, what if you go to Play mode and in there choose from the menu ‘Play > Playback Template’? If you choose the ‘HSSE + HSO (Pro)’ template, does no sound come out? You should also have there the choice for the NotePerformer template. If you choose that, what happens?
Last, please choose from Dorico’s menu ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and the corresponding zip file post here.
Thanks